Re: Upgrade Fee?!
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And by the way the voice and text does not travel over LTE.

Second, people have see significant improvement in lower quality cars, electronics etc but that doesnt mean its the best. The best is what works out for you but not the next person.

0 Likes
harvardale

As I said before, Verizon's practice of 'following the crowd' just isn't a good excuse. 

0 Likes
harvardale

I am fully aware, voice and text travel through the CDMA network.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually Hyundai took top honors this year. They have a new sports car line which the auto industry is taking notice.

And because something is expensive does not make it the best. Just look a prescription name brand medicines. The companies hold 10 year rights to their name brands, then generic medicines are then produced which by law have the same benefits of a name brand drug. So to say Verizon is the best, is like comparing the name brand drug to the generic drug. Its pure spin. Just like Toyota and Honda. Pure spin doctoring to produce positive sales. Yet both these car brands have had fatal recalls.

Verizon can charge what they want that is true, but eventually with the other carriers catching up it will come down to best price for that service. Verizon will then lose customers. Just in the last two quarters a number four carrier like T-Mobile gained almost 2 million customers, they have no contracts, no upgrade fees since you pay full price, no huge global fees like Verizon makes 90% profit on. (free data and texting internationally and only .20¢ a minute for calls. no other carrier is doing it.  Then T-Mobile came out with the Jump plan, then Verizon and the others Jumped on the bandwagon, and yet AT&T and Verizon require contracts for the plans but not TMobile.

So there is no excuse for Verizon to price gouge the customers except for insane profits. And yes my wife and I own Verizon stock which is very high right now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@harvardale,

I definitely want you to have the best service in town! You should be flying with our 4G speeds. Let's take a closer look at what's going on.

Where are you located (zip code) and what device do you have? You mentioned you are experiencing difficulties with dropped calls, delayed text and slower data speeds. Is this happening in indoors only or is this happening outdoors as well?

Try removing the SIM card for a minute. Insert and retest. Keep me posted if the issue persists.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
j337usa

I called Verizon today and they told me the upgrade fee on my bill was to pay for the my verizon app, classes at the store, changing your contacts over, paying online, etc. What a bunch of bs. You wait the 2 years to get the reduced upgrade on the phone for 199.99. Then they tell you to pay 30.00 per phone extra for these services. I don't use these services. Apparently they are using the current trend in the US to take care of everyone else and for that you must pay a fee for everyone even if you don't utilize those services. False advertising is what it is period. I think a class action law suit is in hand to have them pay a fee for the bs they are slinging. What a bunch of crooks. If you can't be up front about it at the time of purchase your lying to your customers. I am done with this company at the end of the contract.!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/2012/04/bl2012-04-11.html

That's the official notice.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Alas the US Supreme Court struck down class actions. Only single right of action is now allowed.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you found out about the upgrade fee on your bill j337usa. I don't want to lose you with our family and truly apologize this was not provided to you at the time of purchase. How did you upgrade? Did you go to the store, online via My-Verizon, or over the phone? We do provide customers with information about any fee implemented before being charged. The information provided by Ann 154 is awesome because we also post information about fee's and other processes. I hope we can discuss this further and I can clear up any information not provided. I hope you enjoy your new phone!

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

j337usa wrote:

I called Verizon today and they told me the upgrade fee on my bill was to pay for the my verizon app, classes at the store, changing your contacts over, paying online, etc. What a bunch of **. You wait the 2 years to get the reduced upgrade on the phone for 199.99. Then they tell you to pay 30.00 per phone extra for these services. I don't use these services. Apparently they are using the current trend in the US to take care of everyone else and for that you must pay a fee for everyone even if you don't utilize those services. False advertising is what it is period. I think a class action law suit is in hand to have them pay a fee for the ** they are slinging. What a bunch of crooks. If you can't be up front about it at the time of purchase your lying to your customers. I am done with this company at the end of the contract.!!

Crooks? You're getting a $600 phone for $230 and you think you're being ripped off? Good luck with your next carrier. remember at&t charges $36 to upgrade sprint charges $38. T-Mobile doesn't charge to upgrade because they don't offer discount upgrades they'll make you pay the full $600. So as I said good luck.

Sorry you can't file class action anymore. When you sign your contract you agreed to handle all disputes through arbitration. Even if you could go to court you'd lose. NO jury in the world is going to see a 60%-95% discount as a rip off.

Also this has been policy for 21 months now. When are people going to stop beating this long dead horse?