Re: Upgrade Fee
harlonr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I paid full retail for my phone and still got hit with an upgrade fee. For what Verizon did absolutely nothing for me, so I owe them a fee for??? 

0 Likes
ParraLaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I paid full retail for my new iPhone when I purchased it from Apple.  I was still charged the $40 upgrade fee.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ParraLaw

If you purchased the phone with Verizon Wireless service so that a Verizon SIM card came with the phone, then the upgrade fee was a valid charge. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@harlonr 

@ParraLaw 

This is page 10 of a continuing thread.

If you had read any page you will see the same comments over, and over, and over.

If you purchase from Verizon you will pay an upgrade fee even if you pay full price. If you purchase from Apple, Samsung, Best Buy, target, Walmart and the phone comes with a Verizon Sim card you will pay an upgrade fee even if you pay full price.

The only way to avoid the fee is to pay full price as a non-customer. I purchased my phones from Best Buy and tell them I’m prepaid, or buy unlocked phones.

BjHos1420

"You could have purchased an unlocked SIM free phone from Best Buy and avoided the upgrade fee."

My husband and I both bought unlocked, SIM free phones at full retail price at Best Buy and are being charged $40 each for upgrade fees.

We bought them in October, so some time has passed since this comment, but this is an incorrect statement as of now.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@BjHos1420 wrote:

"You could have purchased an unlocked SIM free phone from Best Buy and avoided the upgrade fee."

My husband and I both bought unlocked, SIM free phones at full retail price at Best Buy and are being charged $40 each for upgrade fees.

We bought them in October, so some time has passed since this comment, but this is an incorrect statement as of now.

Not possible.

If you purchased an unlock Sim free phone from Best Buy at full price and swapped your own Sim card Verizon doesn’t even know you have purchased another phone. I do this all the time, and there is never a fee. You are  leaving something out, like you took advantage of a discount for activating your phone with Best Buy, which means you got a Verizon Sim card with your new activation.   

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can take a look if there are any promotions to assist you with this required fee, please send a Private Note.

0 Likes
JJT5206
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought my iPhone112 Pro Max from Apple, paid full retail price, and Verizon still charged the $40 Upgrade Fee. I think you don’t know what you’re talking about.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@JJT5206

Did the phone come with a new VZW SIM card? If so, then you selected and purchased the phone with Verizon Wireless service and the upgrade fee was a valid charge. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mrrick747

I understand that Verizon has its rules and fees, whether justified or a mere money grab..its what these big companies do but..

I recently purchsed an iphone 12 from Apple and on their website at time of purchase they said the Verizon fee is 20$. You would think that two big boys that do a lot of business together could get their story straight! We all need phones and phone service, so we will all pay what they tell us to or find someone else to mess us over, its how the game is played but don't lie to me!

0 Likes