Upgrade Fee FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Fee Now $30
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And the two year contract price option is completely gone now. http://www.droid-life.com/2017/01/06/verizon-upgrade-fee-increase-contracts-unlimited-data/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I am alright with an upgrade fee if you are going on a payment plan as a subsidy reimbursement for the no interest loan. But to buy a phone a full price and be charged $30 so a SIM can be stuck in with no human interaction is hard to justify other than Verizon just can.

It is now in effect $30 cheaper to get a sim free phone not from Verizon and pop in your current SIM card - no charge for that.

devden

Actually, to those out there that don't have hundreds of dollars to spend, you are still tied to paying for your phone for 2 years if you don't have the payoff. I like the old plan where you could trade in your phone and upgrade at 6 months as long as you have paid half of the amount, but Verizon screwed me out of that now too

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They haven't had that option for years except for specific devices with the annual upgrade that requires 50% paid and trade in the financed device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I swore off buying phones from the carrier 2.5 years ago.  Since then I have purchased mint condition used, or non carrier phones. 

I see no reason to spend $700 on a phone and then nickel and dimed on top of that.  Very happy to be back with a GSM carrier As my choices are much more varied.

Red7383

I'm sick of the run-around! Verizon support says if you go in-store they are very good about waiving the upgrade fee. I went to a small local Verizon store and they said you need to go to a corporate store to get the fee waived. Then, according to Phone upgrades: your top questions answered the fee is only $20.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That page is out of date.

0 Likes
mlsjds

I have been a Verizon customer for a long time and just upgraded my phone at best buy.  Kept the same number and Best buy rep did all the work.  so why a $30 fee?   If Verizon wants to keep their customer base they need to waive this fee for their good customers.  I have never been late always paid my bill before the due date, just doesn't seem fair to their loyal customers

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

debbiecastillo,

We appreciate the loyalty. We always want to set the proper expectations. Upgrade fees are assessed to any upgrade purchase. Here's a link to our practice: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/upgrade-fee-faqs/

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes