Upgrade 2nd line from dumb to smart
courtsteve

I have an account with 2 lines. 1 smart phone with unlimited data plan and 1 dumb phone. I receive a 22% company discount. I want to upgrade the dumb to smart and realize I need a $30- or more data plan for 2 years to do so. Will not give up unlimited on current smart phone. What can I get?  Both lines are due for upgrade.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrade 2nd line from dumb to smart
rcschnoor
Legend

1) 2 GB of data for $30

2) No as long as you stay on your old Nationwide plan. More Everything plans do not let you keep unlimited data on your line.

3)You will only get a discount on the data plan for 1 line.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

First of all, if you take a "discounted upgrade" on your line with unlimited data you will lose it. You must pay full retail for a phone to keep unlimited or you can purchase a phone from a site such as swappa.com.

The line without unlimited data can purchase a phone at discount.

0 Likes
courtsteve

I know that. Have a new retail phone ready to activate on unlimited line when needed. Question was about upgrading second line with dumb phone and no current data

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure what your question is... you will need to add at least the 2GB plan for $30 to the second line when you put a smartphone on that line, as you said.  Whether you do that with a discounted, contract phone, or buy one from swappa or another source - to activate a smartphone on the second line you'll need to add a data plan.

0 Likes
courtsteve

Questions are

1 How much data can I get for $30 or so.

2 Will do this in any way effect the unlimited line

3 Is $30 minimum before or after 22% discount.

I go through upgrade screen but stop at new disclaimer about purchasing and keeping dat plan for at least 2 years due to fear of screwing up unlimited data plan on other line

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

1) 2 GB of data for $30

2) No as long as you stay on your old Nationwide plan. More Everything plans do not let you keep unlimited data on your line.

3)You will only get a discount on the data plan for 1 line.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SuzyQ, thanks for helping us support courtsteve with information regarding adding a data plan for a Smartphone. Click http://vz.to/1lwOwRQ to view your calling plan options.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes