Unusable voice service in Boalsburg
DragonArcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

To all,

I have recently moved into Boalsburg. I live about 4 blocks from Atherton Street right in the middle of Boalsburg Village. I can receive text messages but voice and data service in general is absolutely horrible. Most often even standing out on my front porch I get voice coverage so spotty either I can't hear a thing the other person is saying or they can't hear me. I'm surprised by this as living in places like bellefonte or milesburg I never experienced these issues. Are they ever going to bother boosting signal in Boalsburg? The place in question is on Chambers Alley. The real burner is that I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 on Verizon and I can't complete a single voice call, but my wife has a clam shell style 4 year old phone that is falling apart and is on AT&T and I borrow her phone to call people because it works just fine.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unusable voice service in Boalsburg
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning DragonArcher,

Let's get to the bottom of this issue! I want to explore options to improve your service! Where is Boalsburg (ZIP)? In the mean time try reprogramming your Galaxy S3 by removing the SIM card http://bit.ly/TMHSVi for one minute. Test and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
DragonArcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

Boalsburg is 16827. I just did this reset and made a call - it dropped the call after 1 ring.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DragonArcher, thanks for trying that. Have you tried this: http://vz.to/17CHxvC and retested? Additionally, are you able to get service outside of Boalsburg? Please give more details. We are here to help.

SammuelP
VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DragonArcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have booted in safe mode and I'm surprised that data service seems to be working about 5% better. However, voice and call quality is totally missing. If I get an incoming call it is 1 direction. Either I can hear the person or they can hear me but it's never both at the same time. This is a big problem for me because I am "on call" sometimes and need to be able to use the phone at home. To answer your question, I get perfect reception less than 1000 ft from my house. Is there a way to tweak reception a bit in Boalsburg?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi DragonAcher,

I apologize for the service issue you're having with making and receiving a call. Do you have much foliage in the area that interferes with your signal during a call? Have you tried to adjust the volume on your call to see if this allows you to be heard and for you to hear the other persomn when on a call? Try a soft reset http://tiny.cc/den72w as opposed to a using safe mode to refresh the connection on your device.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW

0 Likes
DragonArcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

Soft resetting doesn't do anything. Volume obviously isn't the problem but I went ahead and made sure it's on full. The problem is not foliage around the house because I have this problem in the center of Boalsburg in general until I move toward Atherton Street / Boal avenue. I have no other service issues with this phone in any other locations I use it in. This is not going to be a software problem. Having 1 and rarely 2 bars when I have 4 - 5 everywhere else, resetting the phone or using safe mode doesn't help call quality... I think the service signal is not adequate in this area, going out on the front porch clearly away from any trees or anything does not help and walking down the street doesn't help. The only thing I can do is hang up (or usually it disconnects the call) drive toward Atherton Street / Boal avenue and by the time I make it there I can use the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info DragonArcher. It appears since you are having the problems indoors only. You will benefit from our network extender. This will give you the service quality you need. Take a look at it. http://vz.to/13LpEIP

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

0 Likes
DragonArcher
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have never one single time said that I'm having problems indoors only. I stated that I have to drive down the street to get reception, actually two streets to get reception in an area you claim reception in. I CAN'T MAKE A VOICE CALL OR RECEIVE ONE. Normally, I don't know about you, but I'm outside well before I get in to my car. Okay, I'll get real people involved who can make things happen. Until then, I'll use my wife's 4 year old flip phone on AT&T because it works. Verizon claims coverage in my area which is obviously a lie. I look at the "Coverage map" and it says 3G and voice well past my house. I can't get either OUTSIDE. Thank you for being a tool of your company and not helping me at all. I will reference you when I go through proper channels instead of getting this done by being reasonable. I thought this was easy and then you go and make no sense at all. -Generic response here-

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DragonArcher!

I'd love to get to the bottom of this for you once and for all, instead of going back and forth. I've followed you in the forums. Please accept me and follow me back. Then, send me a DM with your name and mobile number. I'll then be able to review everything for you.

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes