Unlocked european Samsung Galaxy S5 with Verizon plan or prepaid plan?
ig007

Hi,

I am moving to US soon and want to know if my european unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5 will work with purchased plan at Verizon and are there any limitations in this case. Other option is will it work with prepaid plan?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlocked european Samsung Galaxy S5 with Verizon plan or prepaid plan?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We’re excited that you’re looking to us to be your new carrier when you arrive, ig007. While your unlocked device may work on our service, it’s not 100% guaranteed. Not to worry, as we have a device recycling program that allows you to get value for your current device and get one that’s compatible with our network. How soon will you be moving here?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ig007

I will be on a week trip first from December 14th and finally will be

moving on December 30th. What should i have or present in the office during

that week stay to get a plan from Verizon with US phone? At that time i

will only apply for SSN and will open bank account. Is this sufficient?

Igoris

On 3 Dec 2015 17:43, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope that you have nothing but safe travels, ig007. I can only imagine how much goes into moving to another country. When you go into the Store to get services set up with us, I’d make sure to take your passport as a form of photo ID. They should be able to take good care of you and get things rolling for you without any hassle.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You'll need a Verizon-branded S5 to work on Verizon.  Your model will not work properly.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IT would be nice if VWCSR would give you an honest answer, rather than just a lot of "yes man" replies.

YOur phone will work fine on ATT and T-mobile, but will not work on Verizon or Sprint.

I Know ATT LTE bands are 2,4,5 and 17.  Without those bands you would get 3G and HSPA /HSPA+

SInce an international S6 works on ATT with full LTE, the S5 should also.

0 Likes