Re: Unlimited plan - slow hotspot
rcschnoor
Legend

KEEZORN wrote:

Did you even bother to read my post? Why would I want to pay MORE for something that is supposed to be UNLIMITED?

Because the plan you currently have limits the speed of the hotspot to 600 Kbps which you consider too slow?

GoUnlimited is STILL unlimted, just at a slower speed than what is available on the BeyondUnlimited plan for the first 15 GB of your hotspot usage.

rcschnoor
Legend

KEEZORN wrote:

Actually rschnoor, in 1990 I had access to an ISDN line with a 1.2 Mbps rate. So ya, 600 Kbps is pre-1990.

Not with a cellular device, though.

KEEZORN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can only assume you all work for Verizon, as you are arguing against me, and against obvious plain logic.

Do you even read your own posts?   You wrote:

"Because the plan you currently have limits the speed of the hotspot to 600 Kbps...  GoUnlimited is STILL unlimted. (sic)"  [Removed].

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

rcschnoor
Legend

KEEZORN wrote:

Do you even read your own posts? You wrote:

"Because the plan you currently have limits the speed of the hotspot to 600 Kbps... GoUnlimited is STILL unlimted. (sic)

Seriously? There are always limits. The technology would limit the speed at which you could consume your data even if Verizon didn't artificially limit it to 600 Kbps. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be unlimited data. My landline broadband is faster than any 4G LTE data available. That doesn't mean the limit at which 4G LTE is capable of delivering data is limited in a plan which was not throttled if it were available. The fact remains that these unlimited plans are marketed as an unlimited amount, not unlimited speed, unless you can point to some documentation which states otherwise.

KEEZORN wrote:

I can only assume you all work for Verizon, as you are arguing against me, and against obvious plain logic.

Simply pointing out the terms of the plan does not mean I am arguing against you, but simply stating facts. You don't like the terms of the plan, don't use it. I don't really care. Arguing against those terms when they work exactly as intended AND marketed is an argument against plain logic.

IF you want a hotspot with unlimited, unthrottled data(which is limited by the technology you would be using, i.e. meaning the plan STILL has limits) you could sign up with unlimitedville.com which is a hotspot plan marketed as one which is not throttled, regardless of how much data you use. Of course it is a much more expensive plan than even BeyondUnlimited.

0 Likes
KEEZORN
Enthusiast - Level 2

Obviously you still don't get it.  Of course there are technological limits, but when a company advertises "unlimited" it should be that - unlimited.  "Unlimited" is not qualified; it is, or it is not.  Period.  If a company advertises Plan 1 as "unlimited" and then offers another Plan 2 that has MORE, then then Plan 1 is obviously LIMITED BY THE COMPANY.

Beyond all that, there are no logical reasons to cap speeds when tethering.

"You don't like the terms of the plan, don't use it."  No, I'll continue to use it, and continue to complain until they either change the terms, or I get tired of complaining.  As you mentioned, there are not may options available in the industry, and this is, as of now, my best choice.  Thus my purpose for posting is to provide my slice of motivation for Verizon to change.  [Removed]

off topic content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good luck with your next carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KEEZORN, we appreciate your business and never want you to feel distress over voicing your opinions. The community here has made some very valid pints and pointed out many facts. However, we work hard at disclosing the information about our plans in full detail to avoid any confusion. See the Go Unlimited FAQs here > https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/go-unlimited-faqs/   HotSpot is an extra feature that we provide free of cost, and it is not meant to be used in the place of WiFi. Therefore, it does has its limitations and restrictions. We will be taking your data speed concerns in consideration though. Feedback is always welcome.

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

AAR1966
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also fell for the "unlimited" lie. Not a happy camper since I use my hotspot a lot and it was a fortune traveling. 600k. What a joke.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AAR1966,

We want to make sure you have the best service for your needs at the best value. Let's review the options. We have to options for Unlimited, our GO plan http://vz.to/2eX1tF9 and our Beyond http://vz.to/2eWXxUO plans. We do consider our Network a shared resource and have to manage http://vz.to/2u9OI3a accordingly. If you have an Internet-only device, we do have Data only plans that can provide you the data that you need. What model device are you using? Do you currently have one of our Unlimited plans?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
I_Karamozov
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also of note, you cannot chose "no" when responding to whether their posts are helpful