Re: Unlimited plan - slow hotspot
jce13jce
Enthusiast - Level 2

i dont remember being told that when they sold me on the plan

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jce13jce, we are terribly sorry to read about your experience. We know it's vital that you have a reliable speed at all times, and we would love to help you make sure you are on the best plan for your needs. Have you had the time to review all our plan options? https://www.verizonwireless.com/plans/If you need higher speed when using the Hotspot, we would recommend moving to Beyond or Above unlimited plans. Are you having any issues when using the device data? 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
1bigwheel
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's fudging criminal. You get customers on the hook with unlimited data and when we suffer the slower speeds and embarrassing wait time trying to work you kindly suggest a $35 upgrade. 

I just gave a card to pay off both phones and looking for another carrier. ATT and Verizon have gone to heck. They both have the cute customer service talk and all they want to do is fleece you for more money. Thieving wiseguy. 

Tavoris1990
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same issues with my VZW hotspot as well. I’m trying to figure out how my boyfriend is with T-mobile and when he connect his laptop, 2 smart TVs, and a firestick to his WiFi all at the same time everyday, his hotspot work like regular internet but when I connect my 2 billion dollars a month Verizon hotspot to just one device it moves like dial up internet. He only pay $100 and something a month, but here I am with what is supposed to be the number one cell phone provider in America getting the same service I would get with Cricket wireless. I left T-mobile bragging to my friends that I’m with Verizon, and since the day my phone was activated I’ve had nothing but troubles. Now all my friends are laughing at my dumb butt because I’m stuck with this garbage service provide until I can pay my phone and watch off. Soon as I do it’s back to T-mobile or AT&T. I was told I needed a new sim chipI got that and my internet is still slow. What’s the point of having unlimited if it’s still going to be limited. I may as well just go back to using a landline, because half the time not only is my internet slow but my phone drop calls just as much as my cousin’s Oboma government phone. 

Tavoris1990
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m trying to figure out how on earth can you have multiple types of unlimited plans. Either it’s unlimited or it isn’t. Just another way to cheat poor people out of money and make a trillion dollar company even richer. It’s always some type of catch to stuff. And then when they explain this stuff to you when you’re getting the service, they try to make it sound soo good, then once you get home you’re feeling like an blockhead. This internet is horrible, and I wish it wasn’t to late to return all of VZW’s phones and watches and reactivate my T-mobile account. This service is a disgrace to mankind I was always told you get what you pay for, but I see that’s not the case with Verizon. For $200 a month my phone hotspot and phone should move lightning fast, that’s more than my cable, internet, and home phone all together. 

Jsjphoto
Enthusiast - Level 1

The use of the word unlimited is the reason people are upset not that you offer other plans that suit their needs. Unlimited literally means it has no limits, and the Verizon unlimited plan clearly has limits not limited to the service available but some software throttling. The use of the word unlimited is a sleazy marketing ploy reminiscent of when Verizon's plans used to actually be unlimited. 

Nw22
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also "upgraded" to unlimited about 9 months ago. Went on vacation and discovered this 600 kbps thing. I'll switch providers when I get home. You lost a 10 year+ customer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do appreciate your decade of loyalty Nw22. We would be sad if you left us. I use my hotspot all the time so I understand the importance of having more data when you are using your hotspot. We have come out with new plans that may assist in getting you into the right plan. I have sent you a private message so we can assist you further. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
Sonofsunrise
Enthusiast - Level 1

My hotspot doesn’t go more than 72kbps so.... it’s around 2002 maybe. But even then I had a 150kbps in Alaska before we had fiber optics.

Ipay2much4this
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ridiculously overpriced