Re: Unlimited plan get throttle down, to 3g but not really 3g
BPL506
Enthusiast - Level 3

Email from SeanC below:

"LL, I want to make sure we are doing everything we possibly can to get your data back up to speed.  Let’s work on this together.  May I please have one of the phone numbers on your account and the account billing pin?  What are your speeds like currently?

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

SeanC,

You do not need the "phone numbers" on my account, there is only one. You do not need my pin number. I PM'd you my ticket number, that should be all you need to see all the hours I have spent on the phone with you people trying to make excuses and lying to me.

As requested my current speeds are below.

VW_current speed_5-3-2017.png

The Verizon Customer Support people are only responding to the unhappy customers in an effort to try and get us into a email thread or private conversation and get us out of the forums as to not inform others with the truth that they are taking us to the bank with this unlimited plan.

SeanC, IF YOU REALLY WANTED TO HELP YOU WOULD ADMIT WHAT VERIZON IS DOING, STOP MAKING EXCUSES AND OWN UP TO THE FACT THAT WE ARE GETTING LIED TO. ALSO STOP SENDING ME EMAILS, RESPOND HERE FOR ALL TO SEE.

Grannin
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Chat tech yesterday NEVER asked for my PIN. There obviously is not

going to be a resolve here but countless emails. Shame on you Verizon.

JOAD82
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here, Verizon cut my service from 34Mbps down to 0.4Mbps, instantly at 10GB.  My account still says "stream all you want you have unlimited data".  400kbps is not good for anything, especially streaming, let's be honest.  The service should not be any less than 3Mbps to be considered useful in 2017.  A telephone company DSL is better than this.

Verizon, don't call the plan something it clearly is not and please take better care of your paying customers!

Vallone1990
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vallone1990, we understand the importance of making sure you have fast and reliable data speeds. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate the details of your concern. When did your data speed concern start? Are others in your area having the same experience? Also, may we have your nearest intersection and City so we can pinpoint your location?  

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Which plan are you on and don't say unlimtied you have to be more specific than that. It's probably congestion

0 Likes
Broken-Sparrow

I use Verizon since 2008. I find it reliable. I travel and live in mostly forested areas. I get coverage most of the time. I don’t think I’ve stayed with a company longer than I’ve been with Verizon. Having said that, I’d like to share my experience with data allowance. I got above unlimited with 75 gb and 20 for hotspot. I used data for watching movies. There’s no landline WiFi where I’m at. By the 22nd of billing cycle, I’m usually out of data allowance. It went like this until I got tired of just staring at the walls for the remaining 8 days. So I opened a second account. Not another line but an altogether separate account. Now, I got a combined data allowance of 150 gb. This time, with get more unlimited, the hotspot is 30 go. Funny, I always track my usage almost everyday. I spend usually between 2 to 5 gigs every day, Though my bill has doubled, I noticed that my data usage has dropped. Yet my habits have not changed. If it all, I’ve been watching even more movies! Ha ha. Seems like Verizon has stopped counting my data use. Anyways folks. That’s my story, I know Verizon got a lot from my paycheck. But I am not planning on getting landline WiFi or switching to at&t, tmoblie. But I agree with all of you. Getting throttled, I felt like I was disconnected. 

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Why would you open second account and just not add a line, have 2 lines with Get More, each with 75gb premium LTE and each with 30 gb hotspot? Much cheaper and gets you the same thing.  

0 Likes