Re: Unlimited plan get throttle down, to 3g but not really 3g
PopWeaver
Enthusiast - Level 1

I guess I am confused on why there is a limit at all. Does using the 4G network over 10GB with a mifi hotspot create more of a backlog or system issue for Verizon?   If Verizon is the biggest and best, as they advertise, then allow 4G all the time. The system can obviously handle the load at the beginning of every billing cycle.

rcschnoor
Legend

PopWeaver wrote:

I guess I am confused on why there is a limit at all. Does using the 4G network over 10GB with a mifi hotspot create more of a backlog or system issue for Verizon? If Verizon is the biggest and best, as they advertise, then allow 4G all the time. The system can obviously handle the load at the beginning of every billing cycle.

And you would know this how???? Not everyone with unlimited data will use their entire 10 GB of hotspot data within the first couple of days of a billing cycle. Some probably don't even use the entire 10 GB of hotspot data during the entire billing cycle. I know I average LESS than a GB of hotspot data/month and if I were to switch to unlimited data from my current 15 GB data allowance across 5 lines, I can't imagine that would change. Just because someone switches to unlimited data does not mean they will try to find out how much data they will use in the shortest period of time.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I use 0GB of hotspot data every month.

I hate this unlimited plan. The other plans were unlimited with Safety Mode enabled. Sure you got seriously slower speeds but no overage charges. At least with those plans you could pay for more data to use. With the unlmimited plan you can't.

Why does everyone think that we should have unlimited mobile data anyway? It's already bad enough that people are texting while driving and walking down the street while not paying attention to the world around them. Now they should be able to binge watch 13 Reason Why while they're driving?

I do a lot of data stuff on my phone but I am mostly connected to wifi. If I am not connected to wifi, I am driving or being social with other people. I don't have time to consume 22GB of data. What are people doing that they need so much?

0 Likes
Jandt1492
Enthusiast - Level 1

You don't know what your talking about!

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

0 Likes
BPL506
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is like Verizon sold us a car then came and took the tires after we used  it for 10 miles (ie:10gb of data used). I am now only getting 0.19 to 0.35mb download speeds, and .026 to 0.43mb upload speeds. Nowhere on their website even in the Unlimited Data FAQ's under the Support tab do they state that you will get speeds throttled back to slower than dial up internet. I even have trouble opening pages on verizonwireless.com.

What is sad is that the network engineers don't even call back when they are assigned a trouble ticket, I had to hear back from customer service basically telling me that my Home Fusion is on the 3g network and that is the speeds I will get, funny thing is that the Home Fusion system is not compatible with 3g networks, and I quote verizionwireless.com from their 4G LTE Internet Installed page "* LTE Internet (installed) is data-only 4G LTE Service, and cannot be used on the 3G Network.",

Verizon has knowingly throttled me and others back to unusable speeds. See the pic below.

20170503_124943.jpg

Sad that Verizon would dishonestly deceive customers like this!!

Grannin
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been unable to open internet since yesterday. My email is super

slow. I lost my job a year ago and work online from home. Can't work

because no internet. Verizon deceived all of us into believing this

Unlimited Data was the best. They now get more money out of me each month

and I get Zero service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BPL506, I want to make sure we are doing everything we possibly can to get your data back up to speed.  I have sent you a private message to make sure we can go into more detail about this issue.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
BPL506
Enthusiast - Level 3

You want to do everything possible to get my data speeds back up to acceptable levels? You should want to do it for all your customers that are unsatisfied.

It is not my computer, it is not my Home Fusion equipment, it is not user error, it is not a 3G network problem (Home Fusion only works on 4G networks) and it is not that there are too many users on the tower I am pinging. It is Verizon Wireless taking advantage of its customers!!! Stop throttling the internet back to unacceptable speeds.....

BPL506

Grannin
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's UNUSABLE for me.

seanc_vzw
Verizon Employee

Grannin, we know how important internet access when working online from home.  Let’s get it restored ASAP.  I have sent you a private message so we can go through this in more detail with you.

SeanC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes