Unlimited Data
maddenp42
Enthusiast - Level 1

It makes absolutely no sense that in order to keep my unlimited data plan that I have to buy the device at full price.  It also makes absolutely no sense that when I inevitably lose my unlimited data that I pay the same monthly fee.  Why would I pay the same and get less in return?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Data
maddenp42
Enthusiast - Level 1

I might as well switch to Sprint.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

maddenp42 wrote:

It makes absolutely no sense that in order to keep my unlimited data plan that I have to buy the device at full price. Not sure why that makes no sense, but I suppose we will simply disagree. Why does it make sense for Verizon offer you a $400+ incentive to keep a plan they no longer offer and would like to do away with? THAT makes no sense to me!

It also makes absolutely no sense that when I inevitably lose my unlimited data that I pay the same monthly fee.  Why would I pay the same and get less in return? Why does it make no sense for prices to go up??? When a company raises prices, why do they then charge more for something that you used to pay for a larger amount??? Possibly because they raised their prices???

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

That is always an option if it will work for you. Good luck.

0 Likes
maddenp42
Enthusiast - Level 1

1. I would be buying the phone from Apple.  If I'm paying full price at APPLE, Verizon doesn't really profit from that now do they? 

2.  I understand that prices go up.  I would gladly pay more provided that I am NOT losing any current services. It is not unreasonable to expect to pay less if one is losing specific services.

0 Likes
buzzillion
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't get me started.  I've been pricing T-Mobile and their unlimited+financed packages are way cheaper.  The service in my area is pretty good too.  I'm already starting the process of moving my family and friends.  For me, it's about principle.

Just the price of Verizon service is 20% more that the price of other carriers WITH the financed phone included.  Those that talk about Verizon subsidizing the phone deals really haven't looked at the competition lately.  It was kinda eye opening.

rcschnoor
Legend

maddenp42 wrote:

1. I would be buying the phone from Apple.  If I'm paying full price at APPLE, Verizon doesn't really profit from that now do they? That is correct except for the service you would be getting from Verizon. Not sure what you are getting at, though.

2.  I understand that prices go up.  I would gladly pay more provided that I am NOT losing any current services. It is not unreasonable to expect to pay less if one is losing specific services. With this statement, I assume you are talking about unlimited data at a fixed price. You are not losing any current services. You had unlimited data before, you have unlimited data now. You are simply paying more for that data if you use more than 2 GB/month. Verizon is NOT going to limit the amount of data you would like to use, simply charge more for it.

0 Likes
maddenp42
Enthusiast - Level 1

What I'm getting at is I don't want to pay extra for something that is already way too expensive.  See the cost of plans in Europe.  And spare me the lecture on the cost of the phone….

http://americablog.com/2012/05/you-are-being-royally-ripped-off-by-your-cell-phone-carrier.html

0 Likes