Re: Unlimited Data Plans
rcschnoor
Legend

Faithful_Customer wrote:

When I specifically asked this question by a Verizon Rep then why was I told that my plan would NOT change.  You mean the Verizon Rep lied to me?

It is more likely a case of the rep being uninformed instead of lying. Depending on how long the rep has been with Verizon, they may not even have been employed with Verizon when the switch was made from 3G data cards to 4G data cards and are not completely aware of the distinctions.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
mstailynn
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you buy it at full retail price you can keep your data. Its the only way (learned the hard way).

0 Likes
played
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received the same answer by a sales rep, which was that I could keep my unlimited plan.  My question was very specific and the answer was specifically a lie.  When I called several months later to complain, the rep I spoke with attempted to get my unlimited plan back but since they could not find supporting evidence on my account the couldn't help me.  This proved that THEY CAN ALLOW CUSTOMERS TO KEEP THEIR UNLIMITED PLANS, but they weren't going to budge for me even after 3 hours on the phone with the rep and his manager.  Very disappointing.

Weth
Legend

mstailynn wrote:

If you buy it at full retail price you can keep your data. Its the only way (learned the hard way).

In this case, the request is to take a 3G data card or MiFI type device and replace it with a 4G device. Even if you buy your own device, you cannot keep unlimited with networking devices. It works with smartphones, but not networking devices.