Unlimited Data Plans and Upgrading my Phone
shateldo
Enthusiast - Level 1

So my two years are almost up with Verizon Wireless. And while the 4G is awesome, it still seems to cut out A LOT. But hey I'm willing to put up with it and give them my business because they had an unlimited data plan. So now I'm wishing to upgrade my phone because I'm eligible for the upgrade. But Verizon Wireless doesn't want my business anymore apparently. They refuse to give me an unlimited data plan even though I would most certainly sign a 5 year agreement if I had to to do so. What good is a new phone when I get charged $10/GB if i go over? Is there really nothing I can do about this?  And for the record I use about 40~75GB of data a month. I don't plan to change my lifestyle either. Why should I? I honestly think I'm going to go to T-mobile to be honest . They have an unlimited plan that includes talk unlimited for 89.99. I can just get a hotspot from them and use the galaxy note 2 as a tablet more than a phone.

This is more towards Verizon's company for comments and discussion then it is for the rest of the consumers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlimited Data Plans and Upgrading my Phone
rcschnoor
Legend

Good luck with T-mobile. It appears they would be the best provider for your needs.

Keep in mind, if you want to be able to still achieve your "lifestyle" of 40-75GB/month, T-Mobile's website has the following "restrictions" on their "unlimited plans.

"For unlimited data plans, full speeds available up to monthly data allotment; then speeds slowed to up to 2G speeds for remainder of billing cycle. For post-paid 200MB plan, overage of $0.10/MB charged to customers after monthly data allotment is used. On-network and domestic roaming data allotments differ: 1-MB to 199-MB full-speed plans include 5 MB of roaming; 200-MB full-speed plan includes 10 MB of roaming; 2-GB full-speed and Unlimited Nationwide 4G plans include 50 MB of roaming; 5-GB full-speed plan includes 100 MB of roaming; 10-GB full-speed plan includes 200 MB of roaming"

It appears you "may" have a hard time with your "lifestyle" if 38-73GB/month of your data usage will be at MUCH slower speeds than their "full speed" service. At least you will not be paying for overages, unless you are roaming, of course.

0 Likes
Not applicable

shateldo wrote:

And for the record I use about 40~75GB of data a month. I don't plan to change my lifestyle either. Why should I?

Because if everyone did like you the network would be slower than molasses in January. I'm not sure why this is a hard concept for people like you to get? And frankly I'm glad someone like you is going to leave. I don't know how you think $30 a month for 75 GB is being reasonable. Ever heard of wi-fi? Or perhaps getting REAL internet at your house? How many Facebook updates do you need to make in a month to use 75 GB?

0 Likes
Not applicable

rcschnoor wrote:

"For unlimited data plans, full speeds available up to monthly data allotment; then speeds slowed to up to 2G speeds for remainder of billing cycle. For post-paid 200MB plan, overage of $0.10/MB charged to customers after monthly data allotment is used. On-network and domestic roaming data allotments differ: 1-MB to 199-MB full-speed plans include 5 MB of roaming; 200-MB full-speed plan includes 10 MB of roaming; 2-GB full-speed and Unlimited Nationwide 4G plans include 50 MB of roaming; 5-GB full-speed plan includes 100 MB of roaming; 10-GB full-speed plan includes 200 MB of roaming"

So If I read that right after 2 GB he will be throttled to 2G speeds which is at "best" about 150 kbps.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

That is the way I would interpret it.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

verizon will be happy to see you leave. if you want 40+gigs/month at 4g speeds then your best bet is to keep your current phone or buy a new one at retail price. you will not find 4g speeds of unlimited data on ANY network. you will be throttled by t-mobile and anyone else by the end of your first couple days (assuming you use 2 gigs in a day or so) to speeds that are unusable. i am guessing you are hotspotting the phone? i can't imagine using 75 gigs on a phone. you would have to be streaming or downloading movies everyday. these mobile data plans are not intended to be your primary internet provider.

0 Likes