Unlimited Data Plan is Unusable
CRABLOGNI
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can you call a plan unlimited if your speeds are slower than the safety mode of your old basic plans. I was told it was due to high congestion in the area . Really? For 3 days and as I travelled across multiple cities in the state? That seems unlikely. Especially since it has never been an issue until 4 days ago when I switched to the unlimited plans that you recommended.

We are at the beginning of our billing cycle and have never used more than our data allotment so it can't be that we are high utilizers that need to be throttled. We have S8+s and new Iphones, so it can't be that. I contact your service team and they tell me to use a VPN. Why should I need a third party service to use yours? In addtaddi, how will routing my traffic through another server increase my speed? In fact, it will only make it slower. Anyone working in IS or IT can tell you that.

I know you claim your speeds are based on congestion but so you expect me to believe it is always congested? Wouldn't that just be typical use? Can you map your usage times and show me when you are experiences such high utilization of your 4g lte data that you need to throttle me and the plan that I pay too much for already?

I'm livid that I had something that worked, like functional data, and now it's broken unnecessarily.

Labels (1)
Re: Unlimited Data Plan is Unusable
CRABLOGNI
Enthusiast - Level 2

You will have to forgive the spelling errors as I wrote this post on my phone with this horrible internet connection.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CRABLOGNI, assistance is here as I definitely understand your passion and concern in this matter. You deserve only the best in service from us especially while traveling. Let's work together to get you answers in this matter. Which unlimited plan are you on? What zip codes were you in when you experienced the issues? Are you now in your home zip code? If so, what are you experiencing with your service? 

Natasha_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

CRABLOGNI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for responding. My home zip code is 97355 and I travelled through Salem and Portland into Beaverton. In each of these locations, including at home my download speed has been .5 Mbps or lower and 1.5 Mbps or lower. Prior to my switching my plan to the GoUnlimited my data plan provided speeds that rivaled my home wireless connection which is 250 down.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You do realize that you can be deprioritized at any time when there is congestion with that plan? Go Unlimited FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
CRABLOGNI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. However, deprioritize does not neccesarily equate to or warn of such slow speeds for prolonged periods. Why would anyone pay for 4g LTE speeds if they weren't guaranteed those speeds with some regularity. I'm not asking for lightning speeds or speeds to always be available but I didn't expect to pay more to get less. Who would?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CRABLOGNI, I can understand the importance of getting quick speeds. Are any other users who are not on the Go Unlimited Plan experiencing the same issue as you as we have no reported outages or issues in the area?

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CRABLOGNI
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately I'm not sure because we all had to switch to the unlimited plan when one person on the set data plan wanted to. We weren't able to mix and match a standard data plan with an unlimited data plan on the same account. I do know that we had no speed issues before switching over. We just assumed the speeds wouldn't change as long as we didnt over use the data.

rcschnoor
Legend

CRABLOGNI wrote:

We just assumed the speeds wouldn't change as long as we didnt over use the data.

Except on the GoUnlimited Plan you are warned of EXACTLY that being a possibility. You have the chance of being re-prioritized at ANY time. It doesn't make any mention whether or not you "over use the data". It only has to do with the amount of traffic on the tower you are using at the time, not with the amount of data you are using or have used.

With the BeyondUnlimited Plan, that is not a possibility until you have used 22 GB in a billing cycle. With the AboveUnlimited Plan, that is not a possibility until you have used 75 GB in a billing cycle.

With my BeyondUnlimited Plan, I was able to stream video without ANY buffering problems over a 3 hour period on a 150 mile trip this past weekend. Of course this was in an area different than you mention. I can't say whether or not the same could be said if I had been on the GoUnlimited plan as the data speed COULD have been different between the 2 plans IF there were a lot of traffic on any of the towers I was utilizing.

With Verizon's new mix/match policy, not all lines on a plan have to have the same level of Unlimted data. If the speed of your data is important to you, you could look into switching your line to one of the other 2 Unlimited Data tiers which have no data re-prioritization until either 22 GB or 75 GB of usage.

0 Likes