Unhappy customer, considering switching, defective phone
osdia

I have been with Verizon because they have the best service area coverage but the customer and technical service leaves much to be desired. I have a Droid Razr Maxx and have had nothing but issues I have requested to upgrade early and get a different phone multiple times and been told no. They have replaced this phone and I still have the same issues...the phone freezes, the screen locks and I cannot answer calls (this impacts my work greatly) the phone gets extremely hot and turns itself off and if I were in trouble or need of help and all I have is this phone I would be in trouble because it never works. I am really thinking about leaving and going somewhere else were I can get a better phone or a company that takes better care of its customers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unhappy customer, considering switching, defective phone
Not applicable

Early upgrade is not going to happen.

You can either buy a new device at full price, or purchase from another web site like http://www.swappa.com

or borrow one from a friend or check out other carriers.

Check out http://www.t-mobile.com they will pay off your ETF. However you have to buy a brand new device and they have no contracts.

Good Luck

0 Likes
osdia

I just think it is a shame that a person pays $100 plus per month and the company does nothing to resolve the issue with a bad phone that they sold you.

0 Likes
Not applicable

osdia wrote:

I just think it is a shame that a person pays $100 plus per month and the company does nothing to resolve the issue with a bad phone that they sold you.

Yeah it would seem that way. But the manufacturers warranty is for one year against defects etc. Not water damage or breakage. There is supplemental insurance for that.

It is as if you buy any product in any store, the warranty does not last forever. Usually 15 days after purchase and then you deal with the maker of the product. Verizon makes nothing.

They sell you service for calling and data.

Good Luck

0 Likes
osdia

I get that but here lies my issue I have the insurance with Verizon and they replace the phone and the same issue continues to happen and I am not the only one by any means....my thing is if you choose to sell a product over and over then stand behind your product or don't sell it.   That just like if I sell you a computer it dies so I give you another and it dies and then another and it dies would you not look at me for the issue...

0 Likes
Not applicable

The problem is Verizon follows the guidelines in place as a reseller of the devices. The warranty is through the maker of the devices.

You can purchase a computer from Best Buy or Staples and after a certain number of days if it craps out you return to the store. If after that time frame the computer is covered by the maker of the computer.

The sale of a cell phone is no different, it must be submitted to the manufacturer of course people seem to forget that aspect, and blame the cellular provider.

It is like a catch 22, Verizon for a price sells you access to the cellular and data network. YOUR phone does not function so you call Verizon and complain for a broken phone and insist on a replacement etc. if within that year they actually try and get you a working device since they don't want you not staying their customer even though the cellular and data network is fully functional.

Lets look at another service like Satellite Radio, you purchase a radio or have one in your car put there by the maker of the car. You were listening to the radio for a long time, then low and behold your radio quits. How can you blame Sirius XM when the signal is still being pushed to your radio but its the device that is broken. They recommend devices to purchase, they even sell certain brands of radios. But again why would you believe that the company has to replace your radio?

Same analogy with wireless service.

I know its not what you want to hear, but it is the way it is.

Good Luck

0 Likes