Unfair to long time customers!
soxfan0684

I am writing this post on here because after about 30 minutes of searching the website I could not find a e-mail address to voice my concerns. I am sure 99.9% of the community will agree with the following and I will try to keep this short.

I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years now between my mobile phone and cable and Internet services and have been really disturbed on how verizon has treated it's long term existing customers and new. Now I know all services no matter what is is goes up in price due to new technology and that's just the way business is done..... Something goes up in price to maintain well the price for consumers needs to go up as well but verizon has repeatetly  taken and taken and taken from the consumer, charging the same price for a lower value item.

It starts with the fact verizon has completely taken it's $30 a month unlimited Internet away and replaced it with a 2gb plan! When I first heard about it I thought they were out of their minds and that would revert back to the old unlimited data plans but sure enough 2 years later they are sticking to their guns and no change as of yet!  As a long time customer I thought when I upgraded my phone last year (due to the fact my other phone had smashed into a million pieces) I was pretty sure because I was a loyal customer, I would be able to keep my unlimited data due to me being grandfathered in like most of the companies were allowing the loyal customers to do. I WAS WRONG! I was told not only will I not be allowed to keep my unlimited data I had to be dropped to a 2GB plan in order for my bill to remain the same. I was really upset and had some choice words with the rep but explained it wasn't his fault and apologized.

As most of you who have a smart phone know it's extremely easy to use 2GB of data a month. Between GPS usage. pandora, email, checking the weather and searching the web 2GB goes pretty quick. We live in a world right now where most people use their smart phones and tablets for everything but this company has not rewarded it's customers with something so simple as letting us have our unlimited data back. I would even will be willing to pay $15-$20 more a month to have that feature back but Verizon refuses and we will keep getting our text messages saying you have used 80% of your allowed data allowence, you have used 90% of your data allowence, you have exceeded your monthly data allowence and may incure overages! This is completely unexceptable and these policy's need to change to finally reward it's customers instead of making us feel like we never get anything in return for our layalty to this company!   Sorry this went a little longer than I wanted. Hopefully someone with this company will see this and make some changes!!!!

Here's to hoping! Smiley Sad

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unfair to long time customers!
Not applicable

Well I will skim over it. For that extra $10-$15 you are willing to pay increase your data to 4GB and see if that works.

I don't believe that the so called 95% of the customers use less than 2Gb. and now with verizon keeping the data meters I simply would not trust the usage they claim you use. In days gone by remember the radar guns that said you were speeding?

Well good attorneys took the police and those machines to task for correct and accurate readings. Courts through oyt loads of cases because the record of service on the radar detector was not accurate. I would assume verizon has faulty meters since if you have over 100+ million customers there has to be a margin of error.

In another venue however you opted for a cheaper device payment, so what you had to lose was explained to you. Cheaper device equals loss of unlimited data. Really right to the point. You could have paid full price or used the payment program which you pay full price but keep your unlimited data. You had choices and alas we often times make good choices and bad choices. its what we are, human.

I doubt verizon management frequents this forum. But hey you never know.

Good Luck

0 Likes