Unfair Practices
MRJandAssociates

I currently and have always had Insurance for my phone. Nine months ago, I had participated in the manufacturers warranty program due to a slow and freezing operating system causing hindrances. Unknown to my knowledge as I always had a case on my phone my screen was cracked which resulted in a fee of $100 due to be paid to Verizon non negotiable. With no other options, I paid the fee. If I had noticed my screen being cracked and knowing I would be charged a fee I would have just went through my insurance company rather than dealing with all the nonsense from the manufacturer warranty department.

This time around my charging port has gone bad on my phone, I again decided hesitantly to participate in my manufacturer warranty. I received a phone from the warranty department and at the bottom of the screen there is a few bubbles in the screen possibly from the screen being replaced previously. So is it acceptable to allow a phone that I was told goes through over a 100 point inspection by Verizon on behalf of Samsung and given to a customer stated as a working condition phone with damage such stated?? I do know that if I were to allow this mishap to occur I would be charged up to $299 non negotiable. I simply asked for a one hundred dollar credit on my account and a different re-manufactured phone for the error on behalf of Verizon, is that wrong of me or too much to ask?

I am really starting to question Verizon and the way they treat customers. I, for one is considering changing carriers or warning customer of the manufacture warranty program that is in place.

What do you recommend?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unfair Practices
Not applicable

The manufacturer warranty covers material defects in the operation of the device, not physical damage of any kind.

If you use the paid supplemental insurance it covers damage, water damage, loss or theft with a sliding scale deductible.

In the first warranty if you submitted the device and it is found to be damaged then verizon charges you for it. They send out a second hand device and you send the other one back. I do not believe any such 100 point anything is done to these refurbished phones, simply by reading the forum you will see complaints of the devices have worse problems than what they sent the device back for. Some have missing parts and some are damaged. It is a risk you take.

However verizon is not going to pay you for damage to your replacement device. You call up and tell verizon the replacement was damaged on receipt. I would write a note and tape it to the device when you send it back. Verizon will then send you another replacement. That is your only remedy.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Unfair Practices
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Warranty replacement is different from the insurance replacement. Insurance has a deductible when you process the replacement through the insurance company (Asurion). The warranty process doesn't, but you could be charged for a damaged fee up to $299 if you submit a device not covered by the warranty. Cracked screens are not covered by the warranty.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes