Re: Unfair Billing Practice
Jciota73
Enthusiast - Level 2

my bill date range is sept 27 - October 26. So I'm not sure when the bill date is. I know my data will reset every 27th of the month. I agree with Elector that it should be 30 days from the day you sign up. I thoughts that's how it was for me. You pay for the next month right? So when I pay this bill for the date range shown above I'm actually paying for the next 30 days. Also overnight when I went to bed my phone was on wifi and didn't use any cellular data overnight so I'm not sure if that is accurate

0 Likes
Not applicable

That's our exact same billing period. Our bill is due on the 21st.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

In the original post the OP in the first sentence answered his own question. He was only one day left until his next billing cycle. The verizon stores as far as has happened to me is when new service was set it you are TOLD what to expect as billing. But people are going uh huh uh huh uh huh looking at their new phone instead of paying attention so then later they complain. I see the logic behind the first bill being 30 days out but for accounting purposes they all stagger it.

0 Likes
Logicuser
Enthusiast - Level 2

So this is probably what happened you signed up on 9/26 which is the last day of your month. the next day you got new usage. so on 9/26 you would be given 2gb/30 days =.0667 data allowance for a one day prorate. from 9/27-10/26 you would be given 2 full GB. the overage was on your 10/26 bill from what i can tell. The 10/26 bill would have usage for the time of 9/27-10/26 if the usage that caused the overage was listed as unbilled from previous months that would mean it was from before 9/27. so you must have gone over on your .0667 gb allowance from the first day.

0 Likes
Jciota73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I really don't think most of you understand my post. I understand how the general billing works. I understand why and how they pro-rate and all that good stuff. I was fortunate enough to buy my phone on the start of a billing cycle which makes it pretty cut and dry. This whole thing has to do with data usage. I found this on the web which was from a post that a fellow verizon customer had the exact same problem as me.  The verizon rep wrote him this to explain it..

I would be happy to explain the unbilled usage. The usage on each bill is normally from the last bill cycle, however, there can be delayed billing for usage from a previous bill cycle. If there is a delay the usage is still counted towards the usage done in the previous bill cycle. If you exceeded the allowance, the overage will then appear on the current statement and listed as Unbilled data from prior month. I apologize for the confusion this may have caused. ^MCS

So that would make sense for me except... I have only had one billing cycle! How could I have previous usage that was unbilled when I didn't have any previous usage because I was on a completely different network.

Data usage needs to be cut and dry, and easy to track for the customer. They expect us to stay within our allotment of data. Well I expect them to keep accurate records of my data usage.  They were never able to show me the .7 gb of usage that i did to cause the overage. They only had record of the 1.3 GB. Theres not a reasonable person out there that would just pay something without there being a record of it. If you got your TV bill and there was a $15 charge for a movie but thats all it said, no date, no time, no name of movie. And you know you didn't order it would you just say," oh ok ill pay it. Its verizon. They love me, the customer... they would never do anything wrong".. Give me a break

April 5, 2013 at 7:14am

0 Likes
Jciota73
Enthusiast - Level 2

You know man you might be the first person who has responded to make any sense.  This is a definite possibility.  Now why can you come up with this but no one at Verizon can. The .0667 GB is a pro rated amount correct? Im sure I went over that.  It would have been nice to know that this is how it works. So really I won't have to worry about this again if this is the answer. Hopefully new customers read this and understand how the billing cycle works with the data allowance. Genius!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That is what prorated is... It is affected by your cycle. That's why I was asking about.

0 Likes
quinn2202

I would call up and fight it.  I had t-mobile and sprint and at & t.  they all sucked.  Verizon is better.  I don't understand the gb and using it.  I use wifi.  I would set your phone to wifi.  I would keep on fighting it until they give you the right answers

0 Likes