Unfair Billing Practice
Jciota73
Enthusiast - Level 2

I signed up for Verizon on September 26th and my new data starts on the 27th of October. I am on the 2GB single line plan. I used exactly 1306 mb or 1.3 gb to simplify.  My phone confirmed this which also keeps track. I was charged $15 overage because they said I went over my allowance.  This was due to unbilled data usage which apparently means it was data that came later because Verizon contracts with other towers. So what this all means is I stayed within my data allowance but Verizon rounded my usage to 2 GB and then when they received the data usage from the unfilled contract sites it made me go over.  I argued that I will not pay for data thats not accounted for. He had no answer for me. Has anyone else experienced this? And if there are any customer service reps reading is this what happened? Do you guys round data to the GB? Would I have to us less than a GB every month in order to leave that 1 gb buffer in case this happens again? Not a good first impression let me tell you! T-Mobile never pulled this BS. What I used was exactly what I was billed for...

Labels (1)
Re: Unfair Billing Practice
Not applicable

Obviously at some point you used that data. It shouldn't count? It should be free? As far as T-Mobile I've heard plenty of stories of mysterious charges and questionable fees and taxes. And if T-Mobile was oh so wonderful why did you leave?

for the record my data is what it's supposed to be and is that way every month.

0 Likes
Jciota73
Enthusiast - Level 2

NO jack ass I don't expect it to be free. But they shouldn't round my data up. That essentially used up .7 gb I didn't use and theN I got charged when the late unbilled data showed up. You clearly don't know what you're talking about so next time move on and don't waste my time.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Show me where they rounded your data up?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

They do round up.

You sent over by 300mb and it was rounded up, because it's cleaner for billing. You pay for buckets.

T-Mobile used to round up when they had PPU data like the other carriers. They dropped PPU and just throttled people.

Verizon has a legal obligation to not throttle LTE devices thanks block C rules for the 700 spectrum.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Here's 1 line from our new bill.

Unbilled Usage from Previous Months
Gigabyte Usage  .06000GB

Current Usage
Gigabyte Usage 3.87800GB   

Obviously they didn't round up any previous month's usage.                                                  

0 Likes
Jciota73
Enthusiast - Level 2

BBut the problem with rounding up is it caused me to get charged an overage when in reality I still had .7 gb to cover the data incurred from the contracted sites. I don't see how this is fair or even possible. do I need to stay under 2 gb so I don't get charged. If I'm paying for 2 gb I should get to use the full 2 gb and not get rounded up.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you go over your bucket they charge you $X regardless if you us 1MB over or 1GB over. For billing purposes it's rounded up. That's how PPU works. You pay for that 1GB bucket regardless if you use all of it or not.

0 Likes
Jciota73
Enthusiast - Level 2

AAre you on the more everything plan? I heard they actually keep track of your usage on there but on single line plans they round. It's basically to get me to switch to the more everything because it's more money monthly

0 Likes
Not applicable

I get that tidbits. They are claiming their unbilled usage for the previous month was rounded up. At least that's is my interpretation of what they posted.

0 Likes