Unavailable or Restricted in coming calls
diamondmind50

I would gladly pay up to an extra 10.00$ per month to have these blocked on my phone service.

What is holding back implementing that feature?  Technology? cost?  Corporate politics?

They do it for landlines and force them to enter their number or a recorded message why cant it be done via a wireless phone network?

Anybody? Somebody?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unavailable or Restricted in coming calls
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know why it isn't available for Verizon (or other?) cell phones.

There is a free service called You Mail that will give the caller a canned message (or you can record one of your own) and then hang up on them without allowing them to leave a message unless they call back and unblock their number (google youmail, and ditchmail).  You Mail has a slew of nice features too, including sending the VM to your email, and customizing greetings for each caller in your address book (if you so choose)  - I love it!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know why it isn't available for Verizon (or other?) cell phones.

There is a free service called You Mail that will give the caller a canned message (or you can record one of your own) and then hang up on them without allowing them to leave a message unless they call back and unblock their number (google youmail, and ditchmail).  You Mail has a slew of nice features too, including sending the VM to your email, and customizing greetings for each caller in your address book (if you so choose)  - I love it!

0 Likes
diamondmind50

Thanks for the info Suzy!!  I will check that out

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I wish I would have seen this thread earlier. :smileysad::smileysad:

You can get TrapCall on your phone.I think this service still might be free. At least when I had it on my phone it was free. There might be a small fee involved now.

Secondly you can use Kall8 to bust a private caller. You can forward unanswered calls to a toll-free number instead of voicemail deposit. Then don't answer private calls. Caller ID cannot be blocked to toll-free numbers.
You can use the toll-free provider's voicemail or forward the call to another line from there.
The toll-free provider Kall8 which can immediately sends an email with the caller's name (if available) and number. You can have this sent to your phone. This provider charges $2 a month and 6.9 cents a minute.

0 Likes
diamondmind50

Thank you too GreatOne!!

I am checking them out right now

0 Likes
diamondmind50

i signed up for the trap call and im gonna see how good it works

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

diamondmind50 wrote:

i signed up for the trap call and im gonna see how good it works

Oh goodie. It did work on my phone, but I got rid of it because I did not need it any more.Hope it works for you.

0 Likes