UPC codes
cfrank1982
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 last week and as I was getting my things together for the mail-in rebate, I wasn't able to find the UPC code for my phone. I looked on all of the boxes, but there was no UPC code. I contacted the sales person I bought my phone from, and she said that the UPC code was on a sleeve on the outside of the box. I went through the bag that I was given multiple times and I can NOT find the sleeve. Am I not going to get my rebate because of this? I would return the phone and buy a new one for the $50 rebate, but I don't think it's worth it with the $35 restocking fee. Any suggestions??

N.B. All of the instructions on the rebate form and online specifically state that the UPC code is on the box, not a sleeve.

Labels (1)
Re: UPC codes
Not applicable

Yep its normally on the end of the box. however verizon use to use a rebate process where the required upc was on a receipt they give you at time of sale. They also use to fill the rebate for you via computer, then you went to a website to check at what stage it was at.

There has to be a UPC code since they scanned it to charge you for the product. Check your receipt and see if its on there.

Good Luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on receiving  your new phone cfrank1982. I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with locating the UPC code for the mail in rebate. Yes, the UPC code should be on the box but if you are having issues with finding it, you may want to take the phone and box back to the store so they can help you locate it. If they are unable to find it, they can either take the phone back or provide the information for you. Please keep us posted and keep track of the mail in rebate date so that it doesn't expire.

Kinquana_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

cfrank1982
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply. I contacted the store, and the representative there said that I probably misplaced the sleeve that was around the box (that the UPC code was on). I'm pretty careful with these things, so I guess my best bet will be to go to the store and deal with someone there directly. Thanks again.

0 Likes
kpmonk

I submitted my rebate forms for two Samsung phones (S4 and S4 mini).  I received an email stating that I am missing information:  the ESN/MEID/IMEI and proof of purchase.  The email gives me no information as to how to provide this information.  I have the information they are asking for, but where can I send it to speed up my rebate process??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello kpmonk,

I'm glad to see that you successfully submitted the rebates for your new devices. The Galaxy S 4 and the S 4 mini are awesome devices. Excellent choices my friend. We want you to get the best value on your new smartphones and rebates are a great way to do so. May I ask when did you originally send off for the rebate? Also, did you get any rebate literature about your rebate submission? While there isn't a formal process to speed up the rebate, you can check the status of your rebate with this link, http://vz.to/1he3lD7. As always, if you have any additional questions then we are here to help.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
B33
Legend

If you can reach the Rebate Center you can give them your: ESN/MEID/IMEI  numbers from your phone to find the numbers Go to Settings <> scroll to About Phone then go to Status open it and you should be able to find your Number there and as I mentioned if you can get an Agent at the Rebate center you can pass the Info that way.. As for the Receipt see if you can Fax that to the Center they may allow it..

Hope this Helps..

0 Likes
JPinCA

After having the same issue as yourself, I called customer service twice, 1 of the 2 actually sounded like he really wanted to help but Verizon obviously provides them with a insufficient knowledge base to resolve such a simple question. On the end of the S4 box it has the Proof of Purchase the number below that bar code is the UPC, they just defined as such instead of UPC, lame labeling. You have to remember to be careful to notice the first and last numbers are apart from the rest of the code, it will then complete the complete UPC number. Verizon use to have the best service ever, after considering my recent upgrade, I felt I should have took more time to look at their competition, but my cell was acting up and I could not allow my work to suffer one more day.

0 Likes