UNLIMITED DATA
SCSU101
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is it that verizon does not have unlimited data plans? It makes no sense for a company as large as yours to have these data plans that limit your usage when two other companies are offering unlimited plans and don't even slow down. Granted I love the fact that I'm able to talk with a better signal in certain areas but it doesn't excuse the fact that internet access of the phones are limited and in order to get more you have to PAY MORE which sucks. It's 2014 you shouldn't have so many different types of data plans. there should only be a 500mb, 3GB, and unlimited or something in that ball park. You could take so many others customers from the other companies if you offered that.

Labels (1)
Re: UNLIMITED DATA
budone
Legend

The two companies you speak of NEED a carrot to attempt entice perspective new customers. They also have the least amount of bandwidth, and Sprint even with their LTE system is nearly as slow as VZW 3G. 

B33
Legend

In many area's the company your speak of B-1 the coverage is non existent..  my cousin and his wife struggles with there iPhones phones were there living right now in there motor home) hopefully things will change when they come northward..

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I am quite aware of that. So VZW should offer unlimited data in those areas because TM and Sprint have poor coverage. The OP 'mentioned' two companies have unlimited data. They must consider all the pros and cons if they want to get unlimited data.

VZW is not losing anything by not offering unlimited because, as you mention, the other service companies do not have the service coverage as VZW does.

0 Likes
Not applicable

But in reality Verizon used the same carrot to gain customers as T-Mobile and Sprint are doing right now. So as I have said many times we cannot fault the other two carriers for using what Verizon did years ago.

According to the Wall Street Journal Sprint has more spectrum than Verizon and with that new technology they are coming out with the paper states they will be the data leader. Right now not many devices have the ability to use the new Sprint system.

T-Mobile however like Sprint is offering unlimited data, but they used it as a teaser. They gained over four million new customers. They had to come from other carriers since cell phone penetration is around 99% however as I have also stated they offered these carrots to get customer base and as of March 23, 2014 the price of unlimited data is $10 more.

What folks forget is back in the day AT&T and Verizon had unlimited data, customer base was smaller then. Couple in the fact the reason Verizon today has the largest network in more places is because they are the phone company of old. They invested huge sums of money to buy fiber optic companies, they originally had microwave transmitters to offer phone service in cars before cellular was invented. By the way PCS was the first venture in cellular. Sprint is PCS but the technology was never branched out. The idea of little cellular repeaters on buildings and homes connected throughout the city, towns, villages, states and on and on actually would have given Sprint the desired service for people to use.

But the single tower handling hundreds of thousands of connections took off and it is how it is today.

Data back then was unheard of. You bought a phone to make calls. Then it was calls and text messages (page plus and Arch were pager companies snatched up cellular companies) then all of a sudden small mobile web was introduced. It was u limited at $5 per customer, however it was basic in weather and news items etc. And it came from your provider. Again progress in action.

Today the devices do more than what my first desktop did and the RAM is way more than the 256 MB most high end systems had. Desktops today although with more space 1-2 TB cost less than a cellular phone. Progress?

Personally I have unlimited data and I often wish all customers could avail themselves of it. I also know that if Verizon said we have unlimited data available today at $100-$150 per month people will jump on it.

And other providers will of course raise rates to join in the party.

Its a vicious cycle.

Good Luck

Altruistic_1
Enthusiast - Level 3

You might want to review the service agreements for "those other carriers" as they do "slow you down." They have limitations on how much data you can use and where and with whose tower. I would recommend reading up on it.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

And other providers will of course raise rates to join in the party.

Its a vicious cycle.

AMEN

ttipgem
Master - Level 1

SCSU101 wrote:

... in order to get more you have to PAY MORE ...

Isn't that how most things in life work?

If you want more, you have to pay more.  Sounds completely logical to me.

B33
Legend

B-1 if you'd read my post a little closer you'd see that I'm speaking of Sprint and I'm not disagreeing with ya at all Quit getting so upset. Smiley Happy  I deal enough with that with my Dad.. Verizon is the better company all around what ever way your utilizing it Smiley Happy again Quit getting so upset take a breather)  Glad seeing ya back on here - K  Have a Good weekend..

0 Likes
SCSU101
Enthusiast - Level 1

At the end of the day you can talk about bandwidth, cell towers, RAM until we're blue in the face but the normal customer doesn't know much about it all they care about is results and the fact that those other providers are providing unlimited data and Verizon and AT&T are not. Oh and just to let you know I have a T Mobile phone as well a Verizon phone and the data on the T mobile phone doesn't slow down at all.

0 Likes