UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE EXPECT ANSWERS!!!!!!
RBC1975

Dear Verizon,

My business has been a Verizon customer since 1996.  I have lived in the same area my entire life.  I have lived in my current residence for 5 years.  I have never had a service issue, besides the norm, until the past 6 months.  I have no uable  service or the ability to receive a call unless I am outside my house.  I work from home and this is creating a major problem.  I have to set up my office outside every day!!  I have spoke with people in the every area in the surrounding 100 miles and as far as Tennessee, all the way to New York and down to West Virginia.  They all have been having the same issue.  They all pretty much get the same answer depending on how hard you push the subject.  The best part about these conversation's between customer's and Verizon representative's is the acknowledgement that there IS A PROBLEM and they are working on it.  They sometimes offer a small bill credit and send you on your way with no real answer or solution to the problem.

What I am prepared to do and am currently working on, is a two part petition.  First, is to actually get the truth.  There has never been a issue before.  The technology becomes better every year.  I have personally witnessed and spoke to a few contractors that have been part of the installation of many of the new smaller towers.  One would think, more towers = better and more consistent signal?  Second, is two have Verizon voluntarily give a refund every business and customer that has been affected.  That amount I am still working on.  The refund will not be petty cash. 

I leave it up to you Verizon.  The ball is in your court.  Hopefully you will be gracious to us little ol' customer's out there.

Everyone should copy and paste this on every Verizon, or any social media website, email it to Verizon, send it to any person that holds a public office, etc....

"MANY STROKES OVERTHROW THE TALLEST OAKS"

Tic Toc

Sincerely,

A TRULY DISGUSTED LOYAL CUSTOMER OF 20 YEARS THAT HAS PAID YOU HUNDERED OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS

Labels (1)
Re: UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE EXPECT ANSWERS!!!!!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then speak with your wallet and switch.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Yeah pretty much. Cell service is a radio signal, and like radios signal can be impacted by topography, landscaping, homes, additions to homes etc. One time I visited my mother and I had no service or very little in her home. Now it's a lot better. One place I got great service, now it's poor. Cell phones were never meant to replace landlines, but people think it is, and get upset when the service is poor. Get over it. If your business is to be on the horn get a landline.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

1.   This is the community, not a direct pipeline to Verizon.  2 days and only other customers responding should make that clear enough.

2.   If you work from home, you have wifi and unless your phone is a dinosaur (in cellphone years) you probably have a wifi calling capable phone.

3.  There is a good reason cell phone signal isn't what it used to be.  In 2014 an estimated 41% of households had no landline anymore.  As of this year more than 50% of Americans have dropped landlines.  Simply put, we are competing for air time.  In the landline days we might have got the 'circuits are busy' buzz tone. 

Using home wifi for service takes a lot of the load off the cell carrier and should provide clear calls.

So if your phone isn't wifi calling capable, it's time to upgrade.   Call it a business expense

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If you run your business from your home, I can't fathom the reason why you don't have a land line for the calls to and from the business. Then, when you left, you could easily forward the calls from the land line to the mobile phone.

Plus, I am sure you're using a smartphone. That means it is most likely capable of WiFi calling. You should enable that. It doesn't cost any extra money. I am assuming that since you are running a business from your cell phone that is isn't a 5 year old device.

Verizon is working on VoLTE and phasing out CDMA. With CDMA, towers didn't need to be so close to provide coverage. That technology has a longer range. Also, you don't know if the lease on a tower near you has run out and if Verizon is having a hard time renewing it or finding another location close by.

Landscape changes could also prevent the signal from reaching you.

What phone do you have? If you're using an Android you should switch it to LTE/CDMA instead of Global. This usually improves the connection. However, if you don't want to try any of the suggestions to remedy it because you think that ALL of the fault is Verizon's, feel free to find another carrier that suits your needs. Maybe, after 20 years, Verizon is not the best for what you need any longer. That is OK.

rcschnoor
Legend

sprmankalel wrote:

If you run your business from your home, I can't fathom the reason why you don't have a land line for the calls to and from the business. Then, when you left, you could easily forward the calls from the land line to the mobile phone.

Not to mention since MANY people use VoIP for their home landline now, both the cell phone and landline phone could ring at the same time(simultaneous ring available on most VoIP providers) letting you choose which one to answer when you are home. This way you don't even need to worry about forgetting to forward your calls.

Re: UNACCEPTABLE SERVICE     EXPECT ANSWERS!!!!!!
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

That's a good point. I don't have a land line. Right now my Verizon service serves me well in all areas of my life and travel.

0 Likes
RAGEMA94
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cell phone signals can be impacted by a number of factors, and can change based on your surroundings. Trees, large boddies of water, concrete, other buildings in your area/new construction, remodeling your home, etc. If any of these things have changed, then your signal may be impacted. I would reccomend having the technical department submit a ticket to the engineers, and they will give you a straight answer as to your signal issues within a week of submission.

NOAHMCNABB01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem as far as it not working inside my home. It has worked for years now it don't. I'm sick of hearing use wifi calling. Yes I have it but heres the deal. I pay an internet bill through an internet provider, I also pay a cell phone bill through a cell phone provider. Not to mention it's not cheap. I have 6 phones on my plan 4 smartphones and unlimited plan. If I have to use wifi calling why the heck do I pay a cell phone bill? I should be able to use the service Im paying for. They claim to be the best but I bet if they had to reimburse for every dropped call or whatever they would fix the problem quick

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly appreciate you being our valued customer over the past 20+ years as well as all your effort to investigate what is causing this trouble, RBC1975. I understand how important it is to get the best service possible to ensure you can conduct business but many factors outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance, even in cases where you may have had service in the past. As you mentioned, technology does become better each year so to assist you with having a more consistent indoor experience, we have a number of technology solutions available to you. I’d like to find out a bit more about your current concern to determine the best options for your service and then we can discuss any ways you may be able to reduce costs going forward. What is your zip code and model phone? Do you have Wi-Fi available from your home? How far outside your home do you need to be before service becomes usable?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes