UML295 text message and updates
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

Recently I have been charged for text messages that are spam.  Since this device is not a cell phone, how does one block the spam text messages?

Several days ago when I opened the Verizon Mobile Broadband Manager - before I actually connected - a message popped up that was regarding an update.  I clicked on it and it began to do what I thought was an update.  Note:  I was not online at the time.  I could not connect during this time.  Eventually the error message came up that the update was not successful.  This resulted in my not able to even access the Verizon Mobile Broadband Manager.  I did a system restore to go back to the original and that worked.  However, when I open the Verizon Mobile Broadband Manager something strange happens.  After the device has connected another block of black, red  and white comes up and has an OK button and a Cancel button.  It does not say what it is for so I hit the cancel button and then I can see the Verizon Mobile Broadband Manager again.  What is this for?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: UML295 text message and updates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
gmagg, thanks for these details. Your mobile number for that device. can receive incoming text messages. However, you can add the free text messaging block feature to your line to restrict future text messages.

For more details regarding your options to block features for your wireless lines, click http://vz.to/1MEYquX

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

I followed your advice about the blocking.

The other issue I think I will attempt to do the update again and if it doesn't work I will again do the restore point and not do the update at all.

0 Likes
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

Okay, I did the update and it did complete the process but now I am getting messages like "The parameter is incorrect" when I click the icon for the Verizon Mobile Broadband Manager.  The number of bars has gone down from 3 to 2 and the signal has gone from -90 to -107.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for contacting us back. What type of device are you using with your computer? Was the update you performed for the Verizon Access Manager? Have you tried the modem in a different USB port?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

The device is the one that is noted in the title of the original post.  UML295.

Yes, I have tried the modem in a different USB port.

No, the update was not on the Verizon Access Manager.  That is not an option for the type of device that I have as noted above.  The update was done on the Verizon Mobile Broadband Manager.  Please understand that all of this began to take place after I updated.  My location has not changed.  I don't have this device on a laptop.  This device is on a desktop and is never moved. 

0 Likes
gmagg
Contributor - Level 1

I decided to do a restore back to before I did the update.  So far, it is not acting up like it was after the update. I will let you know if that isn't so in a few days.  I am getting a new computer and I hope that this will also help since it will have more memory. 

0 Likes