Travel to Europe
Hussar

Has anybody had any experience with wireless/data plans while traveling to Europe? We're goint to spend some time in England and France and don't want to discover a whopper bill when we get back due to roaming. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Travel to Europe
Cody21
Master - Level 2

We're in the same boat ... travelling to Italy in May ... also trying to figure out the best way to do this without incurring a huge phone bill.  I want to be able to use my GPS over there.  Might have to call Verizon and get this figured out.

0 Likes
Re: Travel to Europe
Not applicable

Hello Hussar and Cody21, thanks for your inquiries! I hope you both enjoy your trips to Europe! We have a helpful tool on our website called the International Trip Planner, which allows you input the location you are traveling to as well as your device to advise you of whether your phone will work there, rates, and dialing instructions. All of Europe uses GSM technology, so you will need global devices. For each of these countries, the roaming rates for calls is $1.29/min. Data is $20.48/MB without a data plan. We have three data plans available, $30 for 50MB, $75 for 150MB, $125 for 300MB. You can also find out more info on rates, etc at vzw.com/international.

If you do not have a global device, and you will be traveling less than 21 days, you may be able to take advantage of our Global Travel Program which allows you to rent a global device to use temporarily. There is no cost for the device and you would keep your same number. You would be responsible for any calls or data you use.

I hope this helps!

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport