Transfer unlimited data from My broken iphone 4 to an existing iphone 4s on my family plan that just has the 2gb shared data.
ritadexter
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 5 phones on my family plan. One of which is an iphone 4 with the 30.00 unlimited data plan.  It broke.  So now I would like to switch that number to another phone on my plan, the iphone 4s.  The iphone 4s only has the 2gb shared data with the other 3 phones.  Will I lose the unlimited plan by switching iPhones?  I also am on the month to month contract with the original broken iphone 4 and I don't want to go into another 2 year deal with verizon right now. Thanks for any help.  There are soooooo many old comments about this but I can't seem to find any definitive ruling from verizon or otherwise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Transfer unlimited data from My broken iphone 4 to an existing iphone 4s on my family plan that just has the 2gb shared data.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have another device to activate on iPhone 4S line (Line B with the 2 GB plan)? Once you activate another device on "Line B", the iphone 4S is now deactivated. You can then activate the iphone 4S on your line (Line A with the iphone 4) as a "Bring Your Own Device" phone. This will not affect your unlimited data plan on "Line A". Your iPhone 4 should be turned off and deactivated now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Transfer unlimited data from My broken iphone 4 to an existing iphone 4s on my family plan that just has the 2gb shared data.
ritadexter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still hesitant on this...:/. I have all 5 lines active. Two are month to month contracts and that includes the iPhone 4 unlimited data and a Samsung note 2 with 2 fb data.  The other 3 lines have later contract end dates and are pay data as used.  All five share unlimited texts and 1400 minutes.  The iPhone 4 broken has not been used and I forwarded the calls to the iPhone 4S with the 2 fb data. So basically I have a dead phone with unlimited data...useless.

I am thinking of just canceling all 5 phones. (The bill is over 280.00 a month). And go to metropcs with the unlimited data with 4 lines at 100.00.

The only thing stopping me is the termination fee which. I am getting to the point of ...whatever.  Port i love you and miss you very much. Mom numbers that I want to keep and end verizon completely.

Another speedbump is the service I get here is exceptional.  No dropped calls..ever...a little slow.at times...but always available.

If I could just transfer the unlimited to the iphone4s I would stay but I can't see how to do it since all five lines are booked up and I can't get a sixth to do a transfer to.

Any help.  Thanks.  I

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The contract and data plan is on the number, not the phone.  You can use any phone (Verizon branded) on the line with unlimited data.  If you want to use a phone that is currently active on another line (iPhone 4s), you have to put a different phone on that line to free up the 4s for use on your unlimited line.  You don't have another phone you can borrow, just temporarily, to activate, swap out the 4s for your broken 4, then put the broken 4 on the 2GB line?? 

0 Likes