Trade-in shipping materials
NUTTER6962
Enthusiast - Level 1

On 9/24 2016, I ordered two iPhone 7's, through an in-store employee, as part of an upgrade from my two iPhone 6's.  I mentioned to the sales rep, that I wanted to trade them in.  I was told I would receive the shipping materials, to send in the old phones, in the box with my two new iPhone 7's. On 9/28, I received the package with my new phones.  I never received materials or a confirmation email that I was going to trade in the old phones, so I went to MyVerizon to research trading in my device.  The two iPhone 6's weren't listed as devices previously activated; only my new 7's are showing.  Next, I went to the Verizon store and they told me I had to contact Customer Service, since I received my new phones in the mail.  I called the 800 number and was told that my shipping material would arrive this week, so thought all was taken care of.  I received two envelopes, each containing one USPS printed "label" with tracking number (two total shipping labels and different tracking #'s) addressed to the Returns department,but no cartons to return the phones in. First question is, should a trade-in be sent to the Returns department when I am expecting up to $650 credit per phone?  If no, I guess I will need to contact customer service again...and I'm just over a week away from needing to get this resolved, in order to get my credit.  If yes, was I supposed to receive cartons to send back the two phones; or am I supposed to purchase/provide two separate cartons and packing for the phones to be returned undamaged?  Both phones are in Otterbox Defender cases, which will be of no further use to me.  Can I leave the phones in the Otterbox cases to prevent possible damage during transit?  Thank you for any advisement.

Labels (1)
0 Likes