Re: Trade-in Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm glad to see that you have been able to get monthly credits, dacr. Any promotional credits will be noted on your bill right under the monthly device payment of the device getting the promotion. You indicate that our representative told you that your credits will be applied as of your next bill; I recommend waiting for the bill to generate and confirm if the promotion was applied.

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

dacr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your assistance.  My concern is that in My Verizon, my "Next Bill Summary" "New monthly bill" does not show the "400 Trade-in Credit Promo."  The estimate of my "New monthly bill" is the higher amount I have been billed each month since I traded in my old phone.  Since October, I have not received any Promo Credits until I have called Customer Service.  They had applied credits after I call, but it should be "automatic".  I should not have to call each and every month.  So, what is the problem and how can we fix it?  Why are the credits, when applied, shown under "One-time charges"?  The device payment is shown under "Monthly charges."  Shouldn't the "400 Trade-in Credit Promo" be shown under "Monthly charges" as well?  And why must I call each and every month to get my credit?  Why is it not automatically applied?  If you have any insight or suggestions as to how to rectify this, I would be extremely appreciative.  Thank you!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We completely understand where you are coming from. When your next bill generates, please let us know if the credits are applied correctly.

JosephT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
RICKSILB22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have spent over 8 hours the past month trying in vain to get my situation straightened out, both from home and at the local Verizon store. Absolutely no one in "Customer Service" seems to have a clue, and I've been transferred from rep to "manager' to rep over a dozen times.

I too was promised the $350.00 to switch, and they said that the fact my phone was only worth $10.00 would not affect the rebate. Sure enough, just got an email stating they would be sending me a gift card for $10.00 in a few weeks. You have to be kidding me! Their own video states explicitly that the gift card would be for $350.00, less whatever I receive for the trade in.

I do believe it will be easier and less hassle to file a small claim in court than spend another 8 hours wasting my time with reps whose main function appears to be frustrating customers to the point they just give up.

Re: Trade-in scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know your time is truly valuable and we appreciate all of your efforts with your switcher credit, RICKSILB22. It's important we set the correct billing expectations regarding your promotion. You can learn more about the promotion here, http://spr.ly/65858UrC9. Please review the question "How do I know how much I will be reimbursed"?

DanielleR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Spud5778
Enthusiast - Level 1

This whole business is a scam. They did the same thing to me. Offered a price based on a 100% working phone, verified the IMEI numbers and all pertinent info. I sent it in, they said "this isn't the same device we gave you an estimate on". Bull. They verified with it the identification numbers on the phone! Not me! Wow...it's just plain thievery. What can you do? You're just a little guy with no pull anywhere. Think about it. They do this 500 times a day, and each time it saves the company $200-$400 in phone values they don't have to pay back to anyone...$200x 500 phones ( it has to be way more than 500 phones each day. Verizon is a huge company) is $100,000 daily in revenue the trade in department gets to keep. That's a 36 million dollar a year scam. Wowzers. And given the scope of the message boards here it appears this is a widespread issue. Also note that Verizon locks out the message boards that get too full because of the responses of dissatisfied customers.

RICKSILB22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi! After four months of getting the runaround, i am going to file in Court next Monday if my money does not arrive. Will let you know how it shakes out! It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're disappointed to learn this has taken so long for a resolution regarding your switcher credit, RICKSILB22. It's important there is a resolution for you. Have you reached out to our Switcher team for clarification on your submission? They can be reached directly here, http://spr.ly/65898NvhH.

DanielleR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

RICKSILB22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have reached out to everyone numerous times. I will be suing your company

in court next Wednesday if I do not receive my money before then,

Cheers!

Rick

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017, vzw_customer_support <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ricksilb22 As a consumer I certainly want to get any credits I have coming. We don't want you feeling this way and we can definitely look into this for you. I would like to check on your rebate. May we have the submission ID you received when you processed the rebate?

DeloresK_VZW

0 Likes