Re: Trade-in scam
RICKSILB22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Dolores, but I'm not supplying anybody anything anymore. This has

been going on now for over four months, and I am filing in Court next

Wednesday if I don't get my money. If you want the details, you can connect

with either the Switching "Hotline" at the 844 number, or you can call the

manager at your corporate office in Lynnwood, WA. (Alderwood Mall) He is

one of the few who have actually tried to resolve this fiasco.

If I had a dollar for every time a Verizon rep has "apologized" for my

ordeal, or "empathized" with me via a hollow, canned response only to

claim they are powerless to resolve the situation, I'd have my money

already. When I present the court with the endless apologies, conflicting

information within countless emails saying its all good only to receive a

contrary email saying I am lacking info or the submission was late the

judge will hopefully have a good laugh.

Your network is the greatest, as I no longer have dropped calls. But your

customer "service" is a complete joke. Absolutely NO ONE is privy to the

information of other departments. Scroll back to the email I received from

you a few weeks ago. A rep empathized with me, I told her the story, and

she replied that she has no way to contact the appropriate department.

Enjoy your weekend, and if the Verizon CEO wants to call me and discuss

this feel free to give him my number.

Cheers,

Rick

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 4:44 PM, vzw_customer_support <

jaydunne
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told to trade in my I6 128 gig in perfect shape for IXR and recieve $329.00   Verizon sent me a I6 with a cracked screen back saying was a broken phone and not eligible.  I called and spoke to Mhonie Agent #75549 who said Fed X must have damaged it in shipping and he would credit the $329.00 himself prior to billing cycle and call me to verify and provide newest I6 return protocal.  Nope Never happened.  After hours of frustrating calls, emils, texts, and chats was offered $64.48 for my I6 that was damaged by THEIR SHIPPER or THEIR INSPECTOR.  BAIT and SWITCH.  Lied to directly and told so many stories thought Donald Trump was on the other end.

Now I owe a Meg bill on an IXR I never wanted and only got becuase of he trade in of $329.00. Going to bring the new IXR to the verizon store myself and return it for complete efund of all fees and costs related to the phone or ugrade and have my I6 screen repaired or turn in the I6 for the $329.00. 

devoid of either choice will keep both phones and switch to a new carrier and phone number,  and pay them whatever a Judge detrmines in a few years.  Simply want the responsible party to do the right thing and I will continue that practice myself.  been a customer over 10 years.  However being lied to and conned isn't going to continue.  I will play hard ball in return even at cost of my credit score cause only take a certain amount of garbage and my garbage meter is maxed out.  Our country is lead by greed, for Greed, and i will do the next correct thing.  even if that means lettig the judical system kick their butts over time

Slyfoxlady
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yup they definitely scam you, same thing basically is happening to me and I just switched less than 2 wks ago, I should have never ever switched, nothing but headaches, frustration. The guy who I spoke with was so incompetent. From the moment his mouth opened it was lies, not until everything switched did he break it down how 650 credit comes and to boot doesn't fill out promo info till very end and he couldnt apply it and had to make call to get form to fill out so I could get my credit, well guess what, trade department has no form from him and gave me 145 credit, are they nuts? I want my full amount or same phone back even if they give me replacement at a local store, I've been promised I'll be credited but honestly after reading all these comments I highly doubt it,if I have to go back in and make a scene I will

0 Likes
AmericanMetal

Yea, but if if I send Verizon a perfectly working phone and you claim it had some damage or unresponsive what can we do???????????????????

0 Likes
techman911

It is not just you I have traded two phones in and both the same situation. Left her in perfect condition , always kept in otter box. but verizon said both were junk and now refuse to send pic of the device or the device back to me their trade in is a scam. Anyone reading this do not trade in your device. You will not get your device or your money back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, techman911! This is definitely now the way we want you to feel! Our intention is to help you in the best way possible. Can you please elaborate further? When and how did you did you submit your Trade-In? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
KeysL

I too have been taken advantage of and I am furious!  I had an iPhone 7 that always had a high end case, a good protective screen and was in perfect (no cosmetic flaws) working condition when I traded in for a new line of service / iPhone 11.  The only reason we even decided to get the new line with an iPhone 11 was because of the great trade in promotion - $500 off!  Well what a nightmare/scam this has been!  I was informed they were only giving me $50 trade in credit as they said it had a crack. The rep sent a picture but my phone didn't look like that when I mailed it.  The picture I received looks like a crack from a screen protector that was not removed. I was pretty sure we removed my protector. All I know is my trade in was not cracked/damaged!   I have been in contact (via email/phone since early November) with a customer care representative who said she would have a manager look into my case further and the last correspondence with her she said she would update me on the 11th of December.  I've emailed her several times since and I've heard nothing back!  She kept telling me to be patient  (2 weeks ago)  but how can you be patient when you now are being charged for that new phone/line of service?  She said in the beginning (last month) that if they couldn't get to the bottom of this, they would extend the time to send back the new phone and cancel the new line of service.  Also she said they would send me my iPhone 7 back.  I didn't think it would come to that, as my trade in was not cracked. I have email correspondences showing what has been said and I know Verizon also should have recordings of what was said before the emails.  We are so disappointed in Verizon right now....We have 7 lines of service with Verizon and I was always happy and never had problems until now.   I want to speak with someone from management and have this resolved!!!  I'll be darned if I'm going to let Verizon get away with this.... I've been with Verizon for years and this is not how you should treat customers. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KeysL, 

We never want our customers to feel this way. We want to find a solution and details of your concern. We have sent you a Private Message to continue. 

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
joebruin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing with me!

Ok, entertain me that I’m telling the truth: I did send in a phone that was in mint condition. 

• After about 6 weeks, I noticed my bill didn’t deduct the trade in value. So I had to look it up and saw $0 final trade in value.
  • No one notified me.
  • Spent hours on chat and they send me a photo of a broken glass phone; something that was not there before
  • The bubble envelope they sent me probably wasn’t protective enough especially during the holidays
  • Still haven’t seen photo evidence that it was my phone (probably is mine)
  • Now have to submit a claim with UPS (I have to submit this claim)
  • Won’t send the phone back so got $0, so can’t salvage it and sell it on a 3rd party marketplace

So all in all, Verizon got me to buy a new phone. And they got my iphone 7+ for free which is probably worth something. My son could have used it as a video player…

Why are we on Verizon again?

0 Likes
sofiegofie

dang, I just did one of these trade in deals and it wasn't until they end that they told me I had to mail it in. I asked why I could return it to a Verizon store and they said it had to be processed in the return center.

This had bells go off in my head and after some google searching I see my concerns were warranted.

This kind of practice seems to be in a class action lawsuit territory.

0 Likes