Trade-in program offered to you?
DSHanson

Has anyone else inquired about leaving Verizon in the past few days and been offered the trade-in offer where you can trade any old iPhone in for a new iPhone 6?

I and my new wife are not under contract and were thinking about taking advantage of this trade-in program but it expired Oct. 15th. I contact Verizon through on-line chat on the 18th to inquire about disconnecting service, since we had made the decision that day to move to Sprint where we would save about $17 a month on our bill. The rep offered a few deals to keep us with the company and finally offered us this now-expired trade-in deal for our old iPhones, stating that it had been extended until Nov. 30th. Well, $17 over 2 years was a $408 savings and they were offering us $200 apiece for each of our phones, so I agreed. She also waived my $30 activation fee so I was sold on staying, and I thought she did a good job keeping me with the company. I was happy. She advised me that I didn't need to complete the upgrade on-line, I could do it in-store. So, that afternoon we printed our chat conversation and took it in to the store only to find that this rep was wrong - the trade-in offer had indeed expired.

I've been trying since then to get Verizon to honor what this rep promised me but I cannot find someone who wants to talk about the mis-information. I keep trying to advise them that without Verizon honoring what this rep promised I will leave, but all they do is offer me a $60 single line plan with unlimited talk/text and 2GB data. I'm obviously not interested in any of their other offers as they aren't as good as what this original rep offered me. That original offer was the only way I would agree to stay with Verizon, otherwise I'd be losing money not going with another carrier.

Has anyone else had an experience similar to this one? I don't know who else to reach out to about honoring this offer. Hope to hear from someone!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade-in program offered to you?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there DSHanson,

This certainly is something that would be enticing to stay for sure. The promotion did expire on the 15th of October, so I am unsure why a representative of ours would offer the promotion to be "extended". I would like to take a closer look into this. I am going to send you a Private Message and see if I am able to find that chat. Keep your eyes peeled for that! Thanks.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes