Trade in program is a ripoff!
Dmalabed

I traded in my iPhone 4 that was in perfect condition (no scratches, cracks, perfect) and was quoted $100 value. I sent it in in the envelope they provided only to find out my phone is only worth $11.16 because the LCD is not working-Cracked or broken LCD. I know this is not true and if it is, maybe it is because of the flimsy packages they give you to send them in?!?! I have called twice over 2 weeks to talk to someone only to be told the same thing, "I will send this over to escalation and someone will contact you in 5 days." What another joke! No one has ever contacted me and apparently there is no live person I can talk to about the issue. I never would have sent in my phone if I was only going to receive $11.16. It would have better served me sitting in a drawer in my house or I could have given it to a friend or family member. On another note, I know there is no way to get your phone back and this seems to be a big issue among many people who have sent in their phones....maybe Verizon got more response than expected with the trade in program and now are just telling people their phones are worth less, how would we ever know? It's not like they have to prove it to us. I find this trade in program seriously flawed and honestly, I would not have upgraded my iPhone 4 if I thought my phone was valued less than $100. The trade in was the only reasons got a new phone through Verizon. I am seriously disappointed about being lied to and getting tired of getting the run around.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade in program is a ripoff!
ripoff2

Totally AGREE. Im filing a criminal complaint in Massachusetts for fraud. All requirements for the trade-in of a 4S for a recently upgraded 5S were met. After a lengthy wait for the return box and deactivation of Find-My Phone and wiping everything clean by the local Verizon representative, verizon sent an e-mail sayining that only $36 would be refunded. Multiple requests to the escalation department failed, even after proof of the diabling of Find My iPhone were attached. Verizon is a total fraud and I will be discontinuiing my account, the 450+ people at our organization who use verizon adn most importantly filing a criminal complaint for fraud.

0 Likes