Trade in Rebate not received
DIAMOO0

I am more than extremely frustrated.  We switched 4 phones from T-Mobile to Verizon with the promise of a rebate on each phone.  We transferred the phones in February and here it is October and still dealing with this!  With some amount of difficulty I have received 3 of the 4 rebates but the company handling the trade ins is refusing to pay the 4th and has told me there is no where else that I can go to plead my case.  This just can't be true so I need some help.  The problem arises in the logistics of the trade in.  I am the main person on the account.  My husband and I live in Michigan.  My son and daughter-in-law who are also on the account live in Virginia.  When my son and daughter-in-law were at the Verizon location in Virginia trading in their phones, the store clerk would not allow us to put the phones on a payment plan because it had to be in my name since I am the main account holder and I had to be there in person.  I was on the phone with them and told them that I could fax, e-mail whatever information they needed.  They said no that I must be there in person.  We said how can we do this deal short of my driving 14 hours to the location.  They told us our ONLY choice was to purchase the phones outright and that they would make notes on the file and that we would still qualify for the rebate.  So I could perform any action on the account over the phone except put a phone on a payment plan.  I have received a freaking car loan completely over the phone but I can't purchase a dang phone?  This was nonsense but we were told was our only choice.  One of these 2 phones has received the rebate but we are denied the other because it was not put on a payment plan.  I have exhausted all avenues with the trade in service providers.  This is just not right.  We were promised the rebate and are being told now no.  Why would they give us the rebate on one and not the other?  So where do I go from here?  I suppose that I could call my credit card company that I paid for the phones and file a claim there to get the money back on what we paid for the phone but it seems to me that Verizon should honor the promise made.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade in Rebate not received
Weth
Legend

They need to be on payment plan, that is a requirement.  You could have ordered the phones in your name at your local store or online in My Verizon. 

Re: Trade in Rebate not received
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DIAMOO0, thank you for joining the Verizon Family. We want to change this into a positive experience for you and your family. We will take another look at this for you. I am sending you a separate private message so that we can get more details about the rebate.

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes