Trade In Program is a Scam - DO NOT USE
dmunsel

I sent in my iPhone 4s 64G, which was in perfect condition (no scratches, dings, cracks, perfect working order, etc.), and I even hand polished my fingerprints off of it prior to putting it into the envelope to send it to Verizon.

I sent in my phone to Verizon October 4, 2013 and have not received my "gift card" to date, so I decided to check the status today December 7, 2013.  The current status shows that my phone appraised at $220 was adjusted to $151.01.  The Adjustment Reason field is BLANK.  Therefore, Verizon dropped $70 off my appraisal for no reason.  I feel like Verizon pulled a fast one on me and I feel like a fool for being tricked by this scam.  I could have gotten more than $150 if I'd sold it online and I would have received cash and not a gift card.

Verizon has some serious explaining to do if they intend to keep my business going forward.  I currently spend almost $400/month on Verizon Services.  What bean counter decided that saving $70 was worth losing $400/month in business???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade In Program is a Scam - DO NOT USE
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Would you trade in your car sight unseen thru the mail?  Its your word vs verizon. Why were you too lazy just to trade or sell in store?  Be thankful it wasnt appraised lower.

0 Likes
Trade In Program is a Scam - DO NOT USE
dmunsel

Well it looks like Verizon heard me and I received a gift card for $220.01 the other day.  Now I find out I can't apply it to my bill since I have a Onebill account.  So frustrating.  I tried calling Verizon to see if there is a work around, but they keep dropping my call.  Anyone else had any luck using the gift card to pay their Onebill accounts?

0 Likes