Trade In Problems
KHWBW
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent my Galaxy S7 in for trade in.  Because the battery was defective, and had swollen, it was removed prior to the phone being shipped.  When the "evaluators" checked the phone, the report was "phone on/off button doesn't work unless it is plugged in" - I hope they realized there was no battery in the phone and of course it doesn't work unless plugged in.  Seems strange, the phone worked fine just before shipped to Verizon.  Is this a scam to get phones back for next to nothing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trade In Problems
KHWBW
Enthusiast - Level 2

No longer a problem.  Talked to an outstanding customer service representative at Verizon.  Worked through the issues in a logical, professional manner.  I'm getting my refund, problem solved.  Thanks Verizon!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You shouldn't have traded it in to Verizon Wireless. That description is physical damage and would have voided any trade in value.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KHWBW
Enthusiast - Level 2

nope, no physical damage

0 Likes
KHWBW
Enthusiast - Level 2

No longer a problem.  Talked to an outstanding customer service representative at Verizon.  Worked through the issues in a logical, professional manner.  I'm getting my refund, problem solved.  Thanks Verizon!

0 Likes