Total Dead Zone
Arreola

How Could I get a signal at my school which is not to far from where I live . Iv'e tried it all I have called Verizon many times about this issue and have been only told to switch carriers. Verizon has not been helpful at all. Is there any way to roam or get a cell signal . WiFi is not an option there is no free WiFi in the school I can't make a phone call cant send a text data is out of the question . The Coverage maps say 4G LTE but that's a total lie . Is there anyone who can help me. . I've filed many trouble tickets each one comes up to and tells me to leave Verizon . I have been a customer with Verizon since 2008 and i'm being asked to leave Verizon . The area where I live i moved in about 2 years ago i have been battling this signal issues for months now and i'm sick and tired of it i have been have been patient enough with Verizon. Is there anyone who can help me in my situation? Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Total Dead Zone
Weth
Legend

No wifi at a school?

Anyway, keep complaining and get others with Verizon to complain. No one here, even the Verizon reps will be able to promise you when, much less if a tower will be put anywhere near the school. Building a new cell phone tower with all the equipment costs $150,000 to $250,000 plus monthly land lease costs the provider must pay. They are very selective about spending this money.

In cases like yours, it is usually much less stressful to find a carrier that works in the areas you will need it most of the time.

I know that is not what you want to hear, but this will be the most honest answer you get.

Tidbits
Legend

It's around 1.5M on average for a tower where I live. That doesn't include leasing the land. Gotta love artificial markups and red tape.

Weth
Legend

Gotta love limited real estate on an island Smiley Happy

I'll be O'ahu bound next week to visit family.

Tidbits
Legend

Hopefully the VOG clears. Pretty thick this week.

Arreola

Thank you for the information . The only carrier that gets signal here is at&t and Sprint, T-Mobile as well but is not at as reliable at school as it is at my home. learning from friends as they have those carriers. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Arreola,

We know how important it is to have a consistant connect. As Weth stated there is a lot that goes into getting a tower in that area. However, we want to provide the best options and service for our customers. When did this originally start for you? What zip code are you in? Is this mainly indoors or outdoors?
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Arreola

The problem has been going on ever since i moved here( About two 2 year ) i did receive a extender but that's for home and the public school is not to far from where i live which gets no signal at all .Only consistent of 2 bars of 3g or 4 if i'm lucky this is outdoors but once i go indoor 1x the entire timeor no service . I'm not the only one there a lot of other Verizon users also don't signal either. zip 92508 . I've been told its a marginal coverage area. jasperm_vzw

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

They have given you the solution several times over with is to switch providers. What is so important about Verizon that's making you hold on?

0 Likes
Arreola

Well i get a discount with Verizon from another member's work and i'm the only one who goes to the school meaning i have to cancel all the lines just to get signal for one phone ( Which is my line in a total of 5 lines) . Does make a whole a lot of sense i want to keep my number also. pherson.

0 Likes