Told I could upgrade to iPhone 7 got order placed then Verizon Cancelled it
xisthekey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was told I was able to upgrade to a new iPhone 7 on the monthly payment option when they came out. I asked the representative to send me a text message stating this and confirming this and she did. I placed the pre order last week on the 9th as everyone else. The order was accepted and order was in process. Was then informed via email my order was cancelled. Upon speaking to Verizon I was then told they could let me have such a new phone and I could get another. Unacceptable. If I was told I could upgrade then confirmed it was OK via text and in their computer system cancelling a customers order is straight BS. I have been a long time customer and now will go elsewhere. Not even mad at this time, its poor business practice and pretty shady honestly. If I wasn't able to get the phone then don't let me and at least tell me before I make the order pay for the taxes on the phone and patiently wait. Poor call Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Told I could upgrade to iPhone 7 got order placed then Verizon Cancelled it
Weth
Legend

There is more to this story than you are telling us.  Verizon has never denied an upgrade because "it is such a new phone".  Are you currently on device payments or contract.  Do you have an outstanding balance on this or any Verizon account?  Tell us the real and whole story.

0 Likes
xisthekey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since you assume what you do not know, I have told the whole story. If you have nothing to add other than your assumptions and nothing else please move on.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

There is more.   You avoided a real answer so there is more.  There is always more.

is this a case where you have an early upgrade offer that is conditional to certain phones? 

0 Likes
xisthekey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Again, you do not know what you 'think' you do. I have given the story as best and as accurate as I can. There is nothing 'more'. I ask if you cannot add some tangible or solid advice to troll elsewhere. You know no 'more' than you act. 'More' is not needed when there is no 'more'. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Xisthekey, upgrading should always be a time of celebration. I regret to hear of this experience and I do not want to see you leave us over this. I will be sending you a private message so we can look into this.

ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I have been giving you knowledgeable answers. If you contract is complete or if your payment plan is complete, there is no such thing as a restricted upgrade.

If you have not completed your contract or payment plan, there may be an offer for a trade in with restricted choices of phones.

I am telling you there is more, whether you know it or not, there is. That is what we need to get to the bottom of. Good luck to you since you only want to hear the answer you want to hear rather than trying to figure out the problem.