Tired of Verizon's Deceptive trade practices and lying
tractorjockey32
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told that I could upgrade  phone  without affecting my current plan. My bill went from $320 to $515 now what part of not affecting my plan were they talking about.  They (Verizon) are just like politicians they tell you what you want to here and do something else. Verizon is trying to force everyone to change off of there old Altel plans or run them off .

• Makes false or misleading statements of fact concerning the reasons for, existence of, or amounts of price reductions
  • Engages in any other conduct which similarly creates the likelihood of confusion or of misunderstanding

Most states include similar items in their lists of deceptive trade practices violations, even if those states have not adopted the uniform act. In addition, the FTC and many states prohibit other unfair practices, 

Labels (1)
Re: Tired of Verizon's Deceptive trade practices and lying
Not applicable

Ok you got me on this one. You did not say what plan you were on, and what plan you were assigned to. So no help there. If you went and got a subsidize phone then you pay so much for it, then you pick a data plan if you have a smart phone. Add in the upgrade fee, then you pay a pro rata for service in advance as well as your present amount due on your account. All of which you did not mention so there is no help there yet again.  Additionally what was stated to you by verizon? You do not mention that either.  You had to have known what your monthly costs were going to be before you signed your receipt and left the store, or verbally if done over the phone.  Post back with more information to get some assistance. If this occurred within less than 14 days you can terminate your service and pay just a restocking fee of $35

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Many farmers get unfair subsidies.

0 Likes
Not applicable

lewisr13 wrote:

Many farmers get unfair subsidies.

That was true at one time. these farmers were also paid not to plant certain crops, to kill off dairy cows so there is no glut of milk so in essence the prices went up and up. yep real classy of our government.

And that money didn't just go to update farm equipment since on 60 minutes they showed these farmers driving caddys and expensive sports cars. and they upgraded their homes to palaces.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

tractorjockey32 wrote:

I was told that I could upgrade  phone  without affecting my current plan. My bill went from $320 to $515 now what part of not affecting my plan were they talking about.

Without knowing details it's hard to say why your bill went up so much.  Is this the first bill after the upgrade?  Did you pay for the phone or have it billed to your account?  Was you r data "unlimited" before the upgrade and you are now on a tiered data plan, and have overages?

If this is the first bill after the upgrade, and you did have the new phone cost added to your account, this could easily account for the additional charge, and your next bill will be back to your regular amount.  If you add a $30 upgrade fee, taxes on the new phone (possibly up to $50 or more depending on your state, it's tax laws, and the retail price of the phone you got), the subsidized price of the new phone, and accessories you may have purchased - it can add up.  Without knowing details, though, I'm just guessing.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

First of all, you don't mention in your post how your "plan" was affected, or if it was affected. You only say your bill has increased. How many phones are on your plan? If it is just one phone, I would first question why your bill is at a level of $320 in the first place. Did you make your upgrade at a Verizon corporate store, or at a 3rd party retailer? If so, upgrade fees are added onto your bill, but do not actually "affect" your plan.

Without additional information, there is no way for anyone to help you determine if your plan was affected resulting in a larger than expected bill. There is also no way for anyone to help you determine if this is a 1 time increase or more of a permanent situation.

As SuzyQ has stated, there are possible reasons why your bill has increased which may have NOTHING to do at all with your plan.

I would suggest looking at your detailed bill to determine where the additional charges are accruing and THEN decide if your plan was actually affected, or actions on YOUR part are the cause of the billing increase.

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you were on an old obsolete plan, you would have to switch to a currently offered plan.  If you had an old obsolete unlimited data plan, you would have to switch to a currently offered data plan unless you paid full retail price and did not sign a new contract.

0 Likes
Not applicable

tractorjockey32 wrote:

Verizon is trying to force everyone to change off of there old Altel plans or run them off

And? You're a Verizon customer now not an Altel customer they don't exist anymore.

0 Likes
Not applicable

if you were not "told" in WRITING you might have a not fun uphill battle. 

Use your VoIP line to automatically record all calls to- and from Verizon.  When they play the announcement about call recording take that opportunity to tell them you, too, are recording the conversation providing the same "opportunity" to "opt" out.

NEVER deal with carriers verbally: ALWAYS IN WRITING ON PAPER BY POST

0 Likes