Re: Throttling of unlimited 4g
Not applicable

M9 wrote:

The difference is in the future when u realize U need unlimited, u may not be able to go back.

You do realize unlimited data IS going away. Eventually everyone will be converted to More Everything and there isn't an unlimited data option on those plans. Possibly in 2021 unlimited data( or something coser to it ) will be back.

0 Likes
M9
Contributor - Level 1

Yes I realize it & I think we r being discrminated for being single.

0 Likes
M9
Contributor - Level 1

Yes I realize it & I think we r being discrminated for being single.

0 Likes
Not applicable

M9 wrote:That's just it. It's not really a phone. It's more a pocket computer. Especially if u pay the extra 30$ a month for hotspot service. I travel in a 5th wheel camper. It's my home internet in effect. I stream Amazon prime TV from my hotspot to a PlayStation then to my tv

It's not Verizon responsibility to provide you with unlimited data because your internet choices are lacking. There isn't a right to streaming video. People like you is EXACTLY why they need to throttle. Netflix in HD can use 6 Mbps. Do you realize that on a tower the 700 MHz frequency is limited to 75 Mbps total? 2 dozen of you streaming HD video will use up all the bandwidth. What about all the other paying customers? Where are OUR rights? You want REAL internet then get REAL internet.

Not applicable

M9 wrote:Yes I realize it & I think we r being discrminated for being single.

Actually the old plans discriminated against single people. First line more expensive than additional lines that were only $10 more. On More Everything all lines are the same cost for the same devices.

0 Likes
Jfriend33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Screw your opinions. I'm kind enough to set my YouTube to 360p or 480p. Not

everyone who streams bogs down YOUR connection.

M9
Contributor - Level 1

Wrong. I pay VZW for unlimited data & an unlimited hot spot. I am doing nothing wrong. I pay 4 this service.

0 Likes
Jfriend33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Amen buddy

rcschnoor
Legend

If you set your streaming video to 360p or 480p then that post was not aimed at you, it was aimed at people who stream in HD. Not everyone is as "kind" as you.

For those with 4G devices streaming in HD, the quality would simply be lowered DURING any throttling period and then restored to HD afterwards.

As has been mentioned MANY times before, this is nowhere as draconian as the throttling currently taking place on 3G devices whose throttling continues until the end of the billing cycle. The new measures have been described as ending as soon as the congestion ends.

rcschnoor
Legend

I agree, you are doing nothing wrong. If the throttling protocol goes into effect on October 1, Verizon will be doing nothing wrong, either.

We shall see.Smiley Happy

0 Likes