Re: Throttling of unlimited 4g
Not applicable

As I said it's top 5% not 4.7 GB. Average data use increases by at least 3% per month. So by Oct 1st it will already be 5.6 GB.

Also

Verizon Wireless Chief Executive Daniel S. Mead told reporters in New York that the company was surprised by the FCC’s letter, because the carrier was following the same process it used in 2011 to cope with heavy traffic on its 3G network.

“I don’t think the FCC really understood what we were doing,” said Mead, adding that the policy would result in slower speeds for “a tiny minority” of users who are connected to a cellular tower during times when demand is high.

0 Likes
M9
Contributor - Level 1

Then we all need to use as much data as we can so as to drive the average used up. Burn through 100 GBs as quick as we can just out of spite. We are VZW's oldest & best customers, most of us have been responsible with data use, pay our bills on time & this is VSW's way of showing customer appreciation. I say burn that data boys. Let er rip.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

M9 wrote:

We are VZW's oldest & best customers

I'm sorry, there is NO correlation with unlimited data and being "VZW's oldest & best customers". There are probably just as many people without unlimited data who have been with Verizon as long or longer than you have. I have been with Verizon just as long as they have been in existence, used to have unlimited data and now have the More Everything plan. You are certainly not an "older" customer of Verizon than I am and I don't see how having unlimited data makes you a "better" customer. In fact, I am sure Verizon considers the customers who have the plans they are "currently" pushing to be "better" customers, otherwise they would want everyone to have unlimited data AND it would still be available for new customers.

0 Likes
M9
Contributor - Level 1

I stand by my statement. U used to be one of us. The fact that u were naive enough to fall for the share Ur wallet & more money for less of everything plans changes nothing.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, I used to be one of you. Yes, I was naive enough to want to pay LESS each and every month to the tune of ~$1000 total over the 21 months since I switched to More Everything without ANY change whatsoever in my data usage habits.

Yes, I have kept that EXTRA $1000 in MY wallet instead of Verizon's wallet, paying LESS for the exact same usage.Smiley Happy

Simply because you stand by an incorrect statement does not make it right.

You would be "naive" to think the SAME plan is the best plan for everyone. Everyone should ALWAYS choose the best plan for their needs.Smiley Happy I can more than TRIPLE my data usage before I would be paying the same amount I would have paid had I kept unlimited data and I can't fathom that happening anytime in the future.

0 Likes
M9
Contributor - Level 1

Whose plan is a valuable commodity that can now be sold mine or yours?

Sent from my HTC One max on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

?????

And how, exactly, does that make you "VZW's oldest and best customers" as you have claimed???

Possibly because you cannot support your statement with facts, you are changing the subject???

0 Likes
Jfriend33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Grow up

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I have grown up, that is why I have chosen the best plan for my needs instead of keeping a plan I didn't need to pay extra in order to keep.

I also don't spread false/misleading/exaggerated information to reinforce my arguments. If you can point to anything I have stated which is untrue(at least at the time the statement was made), I would be happy to make a correction and/or retraction. The same cannot be said for many statements made by some in this forum/thread.

M9
Contributor - Level 1

People now leave their VZW unlimited plans in their wills. Those that die without a will have their aires fighting over who gets it. Sounds like a valuable commodity to me.

0 Likes