Re: Throttling of unlimited 4g
Not applicable

M9 wrote:

There is full price & there is highway robbery. I think u know which category VZW's "full price" fits in.

Sent from my HTC One max on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network

guess what the same phones are the same price.

T-Mobile iPhone 5s $27 a month for 24 months = $648

Verizon iPhone 5s $32.50 a month for 20 months = $650

Sprint iPhone 5s $27.09 for 24 months = $650.16

At&T iPhone 5s $27.09 for 24 months = $650.16 or $32.50 for 20 months = $650

0 Likes
Jfriend33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unless you upgrade your phone via alternate upgrade or upgrade at best buy you can't be in a contract.

And technically we have received no clarification that upgrading any which way will prevent the throttling. It could mean that they want us in a more everything plan contract.

I feel your pain. I am in Chicago and most of Central Illinois. And 10 months out of 12 we use less than 4.7 gbs. But there's at least a few times per year due to work or family emergency where we use 5-15gbs.

We have Internet at home and always connect to wifi wherever possible. Many people may think I'm being rude but we do not abuse this service. Who honestly thought they would get unlimited 4g super fast forever?

I do think as a 15 year verizon customer I am owed a better explanation. I want to know exactly how many people with data plans, what percentage actually has unlimited. I think it's a small drop of water in the bucket. And they are already making changes to the press release. First it said you'd only be affected if you were on a busy tower and after the congestion subsides speeds would resume. Now it's for the rest of the billing cycle, whenever you're on a busy tower, you're getting throttled.

I also don't see how on 3G it was 2gbs and on 4g a connection sometimes 100x faster it only went to 4.7gbs.

0 Likes
M9
Contributor - Level 1

Who in the world would want a phone that small with unlimited XLTE data? For 499$ U can get a real data consuption device. The HTC one max. 5.9" 1080P, amplified front facing stereo speakers.

0 Likes
Not applicable

M9 wrote:

You totally missed my point. The phones are all the same price. You claimed Verizon prices were higher.

Not applicable

Jfriend33 wrote:

Unless you upgrade your phone via alternate upgrade or upgrade at best buy you can't be in a contract.

And technically we have received no clarification that upgrading any which way will prevent the throttling. It could mean that they want us in a more everything plan contract.

If you have unlimited data you are not allowed to upgrade and renew your contract AT ALL.

0 Likes
Jfriend33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes you are. If you transfer an upgrade you automatically inherit the upgrade date of the phone your switching with. If I have five lines, 2 with grandfathered unlimited, 3 feature phones.  only 2 feature phones are under contract.

So basically if I keep alternating upgrades until there are none available, then in fact, the smartphones would be under a contract.

Right?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's the loophole that if Verizon chooses to audit accounts they have the right to remove unlimited data plans and FCC couldn't do a thing about it because YOU agreed that if you used the upgrade for that line you lose unlimited on that line. So far Verizon hasn't done that yet.

Jfriend33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right but if I transfer my upgrade I am not upgrading my line. It inherits the date of the other line.

Are you saying this is something that is enforceable but they aren't?

I frankly could give a flying F about the whole deal. i've done nothing but pay my bill on time and enjoy verizons coverage. I never abused my unlimited plan.

I will just get republic wireless and be miserable.  Or just ditch a cell phone period. Its a luxury.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You are accepting the terms and contract on that line. Specifically that line. Or else it wouldn't be on contract. So you agreed on that specific line not on the line you transfered the upgrade.

Tidbits
Legend

Don't say it's a luxury... People chastised me for saying the same thing in this very thread.

Yes they could do something about it but they aren't currently. It's the same thing T-Mobile did with tethering. They had a clause that said you wouldn't tether. For years people did. When T-Mobile started to enforce the clause people were up in arms.