This may be the end of Verizon for me...
terrylynn57
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had been an Alltel customer for years, and when Verizon took over, I promptly changed my phones over, and even ended up talking my husband into getting a cell phone.

The representative at the corporate store told me that since I had a large phone package, I could qualify for a new phone upgrade after just 1 year, provided I paid $20, and  contracted for another two years.

After waiting over a year, I decided I would really like to have a Blackberry, especially now that you can download the Kindle app.

I went to a corporate store, and they said "sorry", but no upgrade available until April 2011. I called the *611 number and explained what I had been told a year ago, and they also said "sorry".

Due to cell phone problems, I finally bought a used Alias 2, which is a nice phone, but the Blackberry Curve 8530 or Tour is what I really wanted.

Sure, I could go to Ebay and pay over $300 for one, but I don't have that kind of money right now, and I also feel like Verizon has lied to me.

My husband just told me to be patient, and close all four of our Verizon cell phone accounts next year. I really don't want to do that, but the more I think about the lies I've been told, the more I think maybe Verizon doesn't really want my business after all.

Sorry everyone, I just HAD to vent!

Found the statement regarding the one year upgrade:

Annual Upgrade available for My Verizon customers

You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: This may be the end of Verizon for me...
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Are you signed up for My Verizon? If you meet these criteria, I'm not sure why you can't upgrade. I would call back and ask someone else ... maybe you had an uninformed rep, or your account needs to be modified to show you're eligible. If you are serious about ending your contract, you could also talk to the customer retention department. Just a few ideas...

0 Likes
Re: This may be the end of Verizon for me...
budone
Legend

I ask the same question, are you signed up for MyVerizon?  Most if not ALL Alltel customers are now eligible for NE2 pricing no matter where they are in their current two year agreement. 

And you keep your 7pm nights and weekends AND keep however many My Circle /F&F numbers you may have. For me, that is 12.

Also by using MyVerizon to place your order, all rebates are immediate. You do not pay $100 more upfront to get a $100 giftcard later.

0 Likes