This is how Verizon treats a customer of over 10+ years...
SooBoys01

Ok - after several calls and chat sessions - this is my once and last chance at this...  I recently took a trip from michigan to vegas - I even called verizon before going on the trip to make sure I didn't have to add anything or do anything to make sure I didn't come home to a big bill.  They told me the last time they checked - Vegas was still in the U.S. and I was good to go.... so low and behold now I have $88.00 in roaming fees billed at like $2.00 a minute to other verizon customers - which I also thought was free mobile to mobile...  also take into consideration I have been a customer since back in the AllTel days.. so after being a good customer for well over 10 years now - I hate to say that I am going to have to leave Verizon, as they have acted like I deserved this, and that is the end of the story.  Thanks Verizon for taking my $168.00 a month for the last decade and then treating me like this over $88.00 - way to go - customer service at its finest here - ATTENTION POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS - You will pay a lot and get a little - Come on Verizon - do the right thing.......

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: This is how Verizon treats a customer of over 10+ years...
Not applicable

Verizon in this case is not at fault. You are.

What has happened was you roamed on another service to make these calls. Mobile to mobile or calls to Verizon numbers, or nights and weekends don't apply when roaming on another carriers network.

It is always a good idea to turn off cellular and data roaming off on the cell phone. This way the calls will be handled by just Verizon.

And yes Las Vegas Nevada is in the USA   

No reason to leave a service for ones own mistake.

Good Luck

0 Likes
SooBoys01

I called Verizon before my trip and they could have told me what you just said very easily.  I don't want to leave Verizon but after the way you all have treated me in the last week - it is obvious that you don't care if a customer is happy or not - you just want the $$ - well after reading your statement - my mind is surely made up now.  Thanks for taking me for thousands and thousands of dollars and then treating me like this! 

0 Likes
Not applicable

I am not customer service from Verizon wireless. They have avatars that show who they are.

This is a customer to customer help forum, Verizon people chime in when necessary.

I gave you my experience, I for the most part agree that information you asked for should have been explained. But you are dealing with low paid screen readers and many times even if they want to help you they need much more information and I mean precise information.

I have been with them from way before they changed their name in 2000 and I many times research my own answers since customer service is very iffy.

Again you just learned a lesson. Costly yes, but a lesson.

Good luck on your new service if you leave, they are all the same.

Good Luck

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It sounds as if you are on an old Alltel plan which still utilizes roaming. Verizon's plans are nationwide and you would not have had roaming charges on your trip had you been on a Verizon plan. When you called into CS, did you let them know what plan you were on? Did they ask to access your account information? Did you give permission to access your account information? When calling into CS, if I remember correctly, they ask to access your account information if the answer requires your account information to provide a correct answer. Quite possibly, they simply assumed you were on one of the current plans, in which case you WOULD NOT have incurred any roaming charges.

That is a mistake on their part, but it is ALSO a mistake on your part for not mentioning you were on an old Alltel plan if you are indeed on one.

Good luck with the new provider.Smiley Happy