The "New Verizon Plan" is a trick
n1cklaus

All said and done, the "new Verizon plan" is just a nifty trick to raise prices by $10 per month.

I called in to get more details about the new Verizon plans. They tell you how wonderful it is.... 2GB more for $10 and "no surprise overages". Believing what the rep told me, I upgraded from my 6GB plan to 8GB (old Large to New Large). Well, what they don't tell you is that you have to pay $5/month to activate "no surprise overages". The rep completely failed to mention that the safety net is only free for the XL plan and above.

Some months I use more data than others, so I would call in and upgrade temporarily from 6GB to 12GB for $20 extra. Now, my next step up is 16GB for $20 more. In terms of my old pricing, that's $30 more per month. Verizon claims they lowered their prices but, in reality, they're trying to juice more money out of their customers.

Right now, I'm feeling tricked and disappointed.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The "New Verizon Plan" is a trick
pherson
Champion - Level 1

YYou should be feeling wrong as well. That extra 5 bucks allows you to not only roll over data but you also don't have overages. If you go over your plan allotment, your data is throttled. So it's slower but not cut off and you don't have overages in the United States. I'm not sure how that's confusing but it is what it is.

0 Likes
n1cklaus

I didn't say it was confusing. I said that it was misrepresented by

a Verizon rep and also a way for them to charge us more.

Also, the rollover does not require Safety Net. It's built in to the new

plans.

0 Likes
PAUSCO41sweetie6116

HHow in the world do you get to move up temporarily to a larger plan to save the overages! They always tell me that if I do that it will be that price/data from now on and that it starts my contract over! I would LOVE to temporarily up my plan and then go back down!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

OH, Verizon has been setting us up for 2.5 years.  It has always been a rule that if a data plan no longer exists, and you give it up, you can t go back.

Welllllllll, let's put that into perspective.  I found this picture of an old bill.  It is early More everything plan.  Note the data prices....

Your getting twice the data.  I missed the 2 GBs increment till I saw the old prices.

image.jpeg

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Who is telling you that you are changing your contract if you change your service plan? The only time that could happen is if you agree to a loyalty plan which usually has a one year contract term attached to ability to have that plan. It doesn't mean you can't change from the Loyalty Plan later before the contract term is completed. You can change the plan, but you will still have the original contract term completion date.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

PAUSCO41sweetie6116 wrote:

HHow in the world do you get to move up temporarily to a larger plan to save the overages! They always tell me that if I do that it will be that price/data from now on and that it starts my contract over! I would LOVE to temporarily up my plan and then go back down!

Contracts for a phone purchase are only for a phone purchase.  They last 24 months.  Period.  They don't start over if you change your data.  One has nothin pg to do with the other.

IF your data plan is old and no longer offered, and you change it, you can't get the old plan back.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

All the things mentioned as not being disclosed are on the website and in the FAQs. Seems if you found the forum to complain, you could have taken the time to do some research and read the website.

n1cklaus

When I call in to ask a representative for explanation, it should be as

good or better than the FAQ on a website. That counts as research. The

representative misrepresented a service and that's what frustrates me. I

turned to the website once I realized I was lied to.

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 1:47 PM, sprmankalel <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Well you weren't told anything that isn't true. You were told all about the features of the new plan. Right? I don't think you were lied to but you also didn't fully research it before making the change. This information is the biggest print on the website. I don't ever trust what reps say.

0 Likes