The low down on early termination. Help me please
ChelsAlex17

Is it just pay your ETF and be done with them? Will my device have to be returned? Will it impact my credit? Please tell me how your experience with. I'd rather pay an ETF than continue paying this bill. My contract ends in October of 2015.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The low down on early termination. Help me please
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Why would you consider leaving ChelsAlex17? We don't want to see you go! May I ask what has you considering this drastic change?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you port out to another service you cancel your account.

You can call Verizon *611 or 1-800-922-0204 and cancel but you will lose your cell number. If you are under contract which I am assuming you are since you mention Early Termination Fees if you receive your last invoice the ETF will be on it.

Make sure you cancel a few days BEFORE your bill closing date or you will get dinged for an extra month.

If you were on the Edge Program you would get an invoice for any money owned on your device.

Your phones belong to you if under contract and pay ETF but are useless on any other provider outside of Verizon wireless.

If you port out to another provider you would have to buy new devices in most cases.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

Sorry your credit is not impacted as long as you pay the final invoice. Get a receipt when you pay it.

Good Luck

0 Likes
gregg116354

What is the ETF for Verizon Wireless for 2 lines? First line is due for upgrade 4-12-16...second line is due for upgrade 2-4-16.

0 Likes
gregg116354

Also, if the fee per line?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Smartphones $350 minus $10 per month of service completed

Basic phones $175 minus 5 per month of service completed

I trust you can manage the math?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very concerning to us, gregg116354. You just began the current contracts a few months ago. Why are you looking to cancel service already? As Ann154 mentioned, the early termination fee for smartphones is $350.00. Each month you are in contract, that amount decreases by $10.00.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for asking, gregg116354.
This is the fee per line since each line has its own contract.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
skytophall

Why does the ETF start at $350 for a smart phone? If the ETF starts at $350 and is reduced by $10 each month for a two year contact, you end up with an ETF balance of $110 after 23 months! Why not start the ETF at $240, then after 23 months the ETF balance is $10? The current process is "back loaded" and unfair to the customer.

0 Likes