The guy at the vz store won’t give me a sim card- maybe switching toT-Mobile
EDDYC323

I received my pixel 2 lastweek from Google

before i went into a corporate store, I called VZ and ask how to get a sim card. The representative was pretty nice.  She was going to send a sim card to me. then she said i can just pick one up at the vz store. So i went into the store at friendswood (Texas - 11-2-17 4:30pm), a guy with a baseball cap, beared, and jean asked what can he do for me. I said i want to pick up a sim card. He asked for my new phone. I told him I don’t have it with me. He‘s exact words were “I can’t just give you a sim card. I need your phone.” So ended up I going home without a sim card. When I got home I called VZ not the store to ask if I really need to bring my phone in. The representative said no. If they could sent a sim card without your phone, why can’t the VZ store do the same.

I need to add this guy at the store didn’t ask for my account, number or anything. If he claims that he tried to explain or try to get my account number, he didn’t.

I have been debating to switch to T-Mobile and take their $325 for switching with a Pixel 2 xl And just forget about VZ. This issue has been on my mind for a while. I thought maybe I can overlook the $325 and stick with VZ. But stupid thing like this really [Removed]. I have my reason for not bring in my phone.  I have heard a lot of bad thing about people bringing their new phones in and ended up losing everything and at the end, vz store representative not be able to recover anything. I will only bring my phone in if I have some issue that can’t be solved by me. I followed android operating system since Cupcake. I know what i need to do.

I will not bring my phone in tomorrow. I will goto the same store and asked for a sim card. This time I will ask whoever to verify with corporate if i need my pixel 2 xl or not. If i dont get a sim card, I will head down to T-Mobile and get $325. I am trying very hard to like VZ.  You are not making this easy. I also know I am being hard on VZ. But if it is at the end of your work day, you just want things to go smoothly.  You are tired from work dramas so why more.

Please give me a reason to stay.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The guy at the vz store won’t give me a sim card- maybe switching toT-Mobile
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Based on personal experience from a few years ago, I would consider the rep at the corporate store as being correct. In my case, I did have my new phone with me and I had needed a new SIM card because my active phone at the time used a different SIM card size. I had wanted to set up and activate the new phone at home while connected to wifi instead of using the cellular network to sync my Google account. The rep I was dealing with basically said that they needed to register the SIM card in the store and activate the phone to complete the transaction even though it was a no cost "purchase" to get the SIM card. I went along with it, but made sure to not log into my Google account until I got home.

Having said that, are you already a Verizon Wireless customer using a recent phone with a nano SIM card? If so, you likely won't need a new SIM card since the Pixel 2 would also use a nano SIM card too. If the SIM card slot is the same size, it is a simple process of switching the SIM card from the old phone to the new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes