The device associated with the device id you entered cannot be activated at this time
jran1

I am trying to activate a Sonim XP5 on an existing line. The Verizon website will let me input and go through starting a new line w/ this phone. I did the whole process twice w/ no issues w/ the IMEI number. It has been verified the phone's IMEI is clean. 

I have a current plan that is compatible with the device, I know this because it was the suggested plan to purchase with the device for the new line.

So when I go to put the device on a existing line, I enter the IMEI and get the message "The device associated with the device id you entered cannot be activated at this time"

Customer service has been impossible to get ahold of, I keep getting "COVID" messages on both the phone number I call or live chat. I've tried the live chat and phone number many times a day, when they shouldn't be busy, and I know they have people working from home. I can get a live chat for when I delete something from my shopping cart immediately (they have to make money) but as soon as I need help w/ something that's free, it's impossible. Why is my IMEI number ok when I go to purchase a line but it's not ok when I want to just put it on a line I already own?

0 Likes
Re: The device associated with the device id you entered cannot be activated at this time
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jran1,

It's always a great feeling to activate a new device, and I don't want you to have trouble getting this Sonim XP5, up and running. I have sent a Private Message so we can move forward with this device and get the necessary details. Please respond at your convenience. 

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
Re: The device associated with the device id you entered cannot be activated at this time
jran1

Thank you, I responded to your message. I could only imagine how busy you are. It's not a great time for any of us, I shouldn't get so frustrated. I was looking forward to getting and setting the phone up, its hard to not be bummed when you were so excited. Looking forward to getting this solved.

0 Likes