Re: The Verizon Plan -- Better than More Everything?
SBKohn

Thanks, Christopher, but that's not true. If I use the upgrade available on a non-smart phone to purchase a Smartphone for a line already under a payment plan, it's $199, not retail over 2 years. This is important to note, since the "dumb" phone will never upgrade to a smart phone. Also, the 5s is done with it's contract in 3 weeks, at which time it's eligible for the $25/month discount for being out of contract. If I were to use the other upgrade available to purchase another phone under a 2 yr contract, again I'd spend $199, not the 2 year retail price. Happy to discuss live, or look at my account details. I've spent endless hours on the phone with the CSR's.

0 Likes
virtualme

I'm looking at this today as well.

We have 5 lines - 4 iphones and 1 regular.

I just upgraded my phone from the 5 to the 6s+. I never heard anything about a line access fee dropping from $40 to $25 when you're out of contract.... I was out of contract on my line for almost 6 months, and my parents are out of contract as well for 6 months now and are thinking of upgrading.

We are on the 15GB plan and I get a 15% discount due to my employer... and we are regularly pushing that 15GB limit, and the VP 18GB plan for the same price is tempting, plus that 2GB free additional would be huge.

Not sure what to do.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The discount does not take effect automatically. You have to manually add it yourself. You can either add it in your MyVerizon account or call CS and have them add the month to month discount.

I have 4 lines, 3 of which are out of contract and 1 in contract. I get a $25 line access fee discount on the 3 out of contract lines because I have a 15 GB monthly data allowance. Total bill for all 4 lines including taxes and 15 GB of data = $184.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The $199 is the two year contract price not the full retail price. With the Verizon Plans, contract pricing is not an option. You either pay full retail price up front or through the Device Payment Plan (DPP) which spreads the full retail price over 24 months.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
virtualme

So, under a regular ME plan with 2 year contract (no edge), you get a discount on your line access fee after 24 months?

Is that right?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is a discount for out of contract customers on the More Everything Plan. It called the Month2Month discount and you have to manually add it to your account either by signing into your MyVerizon account online or calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone. You can't add it until you are out of contract though.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

virtualme wrote:

So, under a regular ME plan with 2 year contract (no edge), you get a discount on your line access fee after 24 months?

Is that right?

No, you don't get it. You become eligible for it. If you simply let your contract expire and do nothing you will not get it. You have to add it yourself or call CS and ask for it.

0 Likes
SBKohn

What did you ultimately decide? I'm still battling with the same issue.

0 Likes
Kcmomto2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154, How do you add the Month2Month discount online? Where and how? I'm in my account under "Manage My Plan" and cannot find any indication of where to choose a discount.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is a feature change I believe and not under "Manage your plan".