Re: The Truth about Verizon First Responder Priority Features
mervin0587
Enthusiast - Level 3

Andrew at Verizon, I understand you’re trained to say stuff like “getting the service you need is important” yadda yadda, I’ve already been through this run around with customer service over a handful of times and it’s always the same process, a bunch of questions then opening up a ticket and then the ticket results saying I was in a marginal area of coverage even though the tower was in a short direct line of sight with full signal strength.  So instead of going through the same run around, maybe you could answer for us, how does the priority features work?  Is it always on or does something such as a disaster have to trigger the priority calling/data, and if so then who decides when the priority is activated and for how long?

mervin0587
Enthusiast - Level 3

Exactly, no response. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mervin0587

I understand your need to be able to stay connected to our 4G LTE network at all times. I want to ensure you are aware of your options. Here's a link with more information about our Verizon Mobile Broadband Priority and Wireless Priority Service options: http://spr.ly/6606G1mRk. I hope this information is beneficial.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
mervin0587
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anthony at Verizon, we are very much aware of the advertisement that is there but if you will read a little more closely above you’ll see what is not there, and that’s the actual priority not being provided.  We know what the website says, but what we don’t know is why the devices aren’t performing any differently.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

One reason may be due to the area being marginal as you've mentioned. Even with priority service, a limit service for the area would still be limited. 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
mervin0587
Enthusiast - Level 3

If that were the case then that would make perfect sense but with full signal strength and the tower within a short line of sight that just don’t seem logical at all. 

0 Likes
mmch9

Zak, can you confirm that Verizon is indeed prioritizing the calls/messages/data of first responders? If so, I will be cancelling my service with Verizon with immediate effect. I do not pay the prices that I do for your company to prioritize the service of others.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mmch9, we value your loyalty and we never want to see you go. Making sure you have the services you need at all times is vital. Allow us the opportunity to investigate the details of your concern. When did this concern start? What services are impacted (calls, text, data)? May we have your nearest intersection, City, and zip code so we can accurately pinpoint your location?

0 Likes
mmch9

It's not a specific incident. I'm asking: is Verizon as a company prioritizing the calls/messages/data of certain customers over others. Yes or no?

0 Likes
mmch9

It's not a specific incident. I'm asking: is Verizon as a company prioritizing the calls/messages/data of certain customers over others. Yes or no?

-

I'm still waiting on a reply, so I know whether or not to cancel my service and then to look for a new service provider who equally values my business. Thank you.

0 Likes