Re: Thank you Verizon
lingo
Contributor - Level 1

This is where it comes down to quality and need.

How bad do you need unlimited data?

Would a 2GB plan really limit you or are you just a customer who NEEDS unlimited data for your own mind yet your never go over 1GB?

Net10 vs Verizon?

Hardly a comparison.

Verizon dominates overall as far as quality.

You pay what you get for though.

P.S. ONE thing no one likes to read or hear. Especially the reps, is how loyal of a customer you have been. They know how long you have been with the company they can see it.

The only thing Verizon is REQUIRED to offer you for being a long term customer. It is the same thing a brand new customer gets. Cell phone service.

The only thing Verizon does different for long term customers is their credits they will issue more credit due to longevity. Other than that. Your guaranteed service. That's it.

Want unlimited data? There is an option. Sure its not attractive, but its there.

peppersgal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree that Verizon doesn't owe me anything, and I don't owe them anything either. They are a business in competition with other businesses. I personally know 5 people who have left Verizon for various other companies. I also know 3 other people who like me are waiting for their contracts to run out so they can switch to something else because of the new data plans. Most of these are people who have been with Verizon for many years. Long time customers are any established businesses base. I just don't see how Verizon is going to keep their profits up if they are not going to be competitive with everyone else. Frankly I can't see why you are trying to talk people in to staying with a dead horse. (Unless you work for Verizon?)

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

How are they not being competitive?

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 31, 2012, at 10:58 PM, peppersgal <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
peppersgal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ummm...raising prices without offering more services while other companies are lowering prices and offering additional services is not competitive . I'm going to get internet at my house, a tablet, a home phone, and a cell phone for less than what I'm paying now with Verizon.  And that's before my price would go up if I went with the new data plans. I'm not comfortable paying an arm and a leg for data with the threat of going over (which could cost even more). If your willing to pay, I say go right ahead!

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

Sigh...still with this "story"? And all major competitors pretty much have

the same prices/ "catches". Some people refuse to pay for a Toyota when

they can get a Kia. Does they same thing but in the middle of the Rockies I

know my Toyota won't break down. Worth the extra couple of dollars.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 31, 2012, at 11:18 PM, peppersgal <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
peppersgal
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Mom lives in the middle of the Rockies and my Verizon phone won't work there at all while her tracfone worked just fine. Verizon is horrible in Colorado so that's not a good argument lol. I agree that Verizon does have the best service in most places but I would rather have more for my money. I just want people to realize that you can get a lot more for the same price. I have access to wifi most places I go so not having 4g all the time isn't that big of a deal to me. If you are someone who needs it all the time than I can see that Verizon would be a better choice. I just think they're taking their customers for granted. However with their astronomical price plan maybe they won't need as many customers. I don't know?

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

What astronomical rate plan? Did you see my posts about the rates? You may

think im a fanboy and drink the kool aid but I know how vzw was reliable

here in pa mountains and us being in west va and other sticks. My sprint

and us cellular sucked in the sticks. I root for my vzw, even if I pay a

few dollars more. And with the new plans, with 3 smartphone one basic and a

tablet I'm saving.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 31, 2012, at 11:35 PM, peppersgal <community@verizonwireless.com>

peppersgal
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's great! I'm happy for you that you're saving money. For me and many others my rates would go up under the new data plans. I'm also just not comfortable with a data limit. I don't understand how you can limit a smart phone from using data and I don't like surprises at the end of the month. For me, and many others like me, I'm just not comfortable having a limit on my data usage. I don't like paying for something that I can't use. If it works for you, I think that's great and maybe people like you will be Verizon's niche.

0 Likes
lingo
Contributor - Level 1

Work for Verizon? No.

I like to distance myself as a neutral party. Just like a court would.

The way I look at it. I just compare it Apples to Apples.

Who's apple (service) is bigger? Verizon

Who provides a more tastier apple (better service)? Verizon

Will you pay more for this bigger better tasting apple? Yes, its a given.

This is why you weigh the options. If VZW is for you hey all power to you. If it's not well best of luck with Net 10.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

Well I have wifi at home and work...I don't use at work Beause I don't want

employer to see my stuff lol if they can. Wife streams audio in car, my

brother doesn't use a lot...I do a ton but don't come close to our plan. I

think I'm gonna lower it actually. You'd be surprise what data you DONT

use... Unless you YouTube or Netflix or anything like that.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 31, 2012, at 11:53 PM, peppersgal <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes