Thank you Verizon
peppersgal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been a Verizon Wireless customer for 13 years. I got a postcard in the mail the other day saying that I can now upgrade my phone. I went to do it and they won't let me keep my unlimited  data plan. Currently I use my phone as my only internet and that is how I justified paying for the plan I already have. I love Verizon and the service they have given me but there comes a point where enough is enough. I started doing some research and realized that contract free is the way to go. I crunched the numbers and realized that with the money I will save my canceling Verizon I can afford WiFi, a Tablet, a home phone, and a Net10 Smartphone with unlimited text, talk, and data. So thank you Verizon, I'm counting down the days till my contract is up and looking forward to my new ipad. Comcast is excited to get my business and is willing to work with me and I haven't even been a 13 year return customer with them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Thank you Verizon
glob
Enthusiast - Level 2

did u ask them y?

0 Likes
Re: Thank you Verizon
glob
Enthusiast - Level 2

good luck..

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The only way to keep unlimited data is to pay full retail or buy your phone from someplace like ebay.  There's several threads on this forum about this if you want to do a search.

peppersgal
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've seen some of those, I've decided that its just not worth it. There are so many other companies that are willing to work with me I'm not going to jump through hoops to give Verizon my money.

0 Likes
peppersgal
Enthusiast - Level 3

They said that this is just the direction they are going with there data plans, and then tried to convince me that this will save me money. I'm not convinced, its way too expensive for me.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just out of curiosity ... if you were happy with your phone and your service and just checked into an upgrade because you received a post card from Verizon telling you that you were now eligible for an upgrade, why do anything?  In other words, if your current plan/phone are working for you, why not just keep what you have? 

0 Likes
peppersgal
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone is old and is starting to have problems. I'm always having to take the battery out and restart my phone. Sometimes it freezes and the camera just ramdomly doesn't work. Its been a great phone but I think its just getting old and doesn't work well anymore. It's time for an upgrade. Also I think its ridiculous that Verizon would punish their long time customers for wanting to upgrade their phones. That's not the way to keep customers.

0 Likes
mrpearsoy
Contributor - Level 3

peppersgal wrote:

I've been a Verizon Wireless customer for 13 years. I got a postcard in the mail the other day saying that I can now upgrade my phone. I went to do it and they won't let me keep my unlimited  data plan. Currently I use my phone as my only internet and that is how I justified paying for the plan I already have. I love Verizon and the service they have given me but there comes a point where enough is enough. I started doing some research and realized that contract free is the way to go. I crunched the numbers and realized that with the money I will save my canceling Verizon I can afford WiFi, a Tablet, a home phone, and a Net10 Smartphone with unlimited text, talk, and data. So thank you Verizon, I'm counting down the days till my contract is up and looking forward to my new ipad. Comcast is excited to get my business and is willing to work with me and I haven't even been a 13 year return customer with them.

Wifi :costs

Home phone: costs

ipad: costs

Home internet: costs (of course wifi is included)

Where, exactly, are you saving, and can you break it down for us? This would make your post more...credible. And great news, you can keep unlimited data, you just have to pay full price for the phone, which is cheaper than said ipad...comcast activation, new net10 smartphone, and home phone combined.....

0 Likes
peppersgal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sure, I currently pay $118.00 dollars a month for my Verizon plan. I called comcast and they can add internet and home phone (with free long distance anywhere in the united stated for $48.00 per month.) Net10 is 50 dollars per month for ulimited talk, text and data.

So that's 100 dollars per month. Yes I'll have to buy an ipad or another tablet but there will be no contract, and I'll have a cell phone, a home phone, a tablet, and wifi at my house. Just seems like I'll be getting a lot more for my money. I've been looking into it and some tablets that rated well in consumer reports are as low as $250.oo (about the cost of a smartphone) and even have cameras and gps.

0 Likes